UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

rear speakers: advice and good fitter needed!!

Old 05-17-2002, 04:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear speakers: advice and good fitter needed!!

HI,
Im after some rear speakers, whats the best place to put them (for sound quality) and is there anyone good near me (Reading or Stains area) that can be trusted to fit them???

Cheers
Churchy
Old 05-17-2002, 04:46 AM

My 2p on this is that Lucid offers a great deal that you can DIY into the car thus saving all the hastle and worry of getting an installer and he aleady knows exactly where to mount them in the panels. I did the job myself but would caution that the S2000 is an expensive car to work on should you mess up. Lucid's panels are a whole lot cheaper than a replacement set from a UK dealer....

Tif

(www.lucidautomotive.com , normally an as. at the top of the browser too )
Old 05-17-2002, 04:54 AM

if you don't want to risk DIY, I can strongly recommend Sound Gallery in High Wycombe. Undoubtably expensive, but I've seen them fit kit in dashboards costing more than an S2000.

Mind you, they might also recommend upgrading fronts and using a sub, rather than putting in a rear.

Their philosophy appears to be treat car audio as you would HiFi, ie go for decent stereo speakers in front of you, rather than lots behind you.
Old 05-17-2002, 04:56 AM

I've already had my sides replaced and have had Lucid's rears delivered this week.

Have taken a look at the instructions and all seems relatively straight forward. Have got to make the big decision whether to 'risk' doing this myself or pay someone else to do it!

I'm no genius when it comes to electrical stuff but I'm not some airhead either!

Anyone who's DIY'ed any suggestions? Is it that difficult or not?
Old 05-17-2002, 04:58 AM

thanks for that, it sounds like a plan. Did you find them easy to fit?
Does it sound much better?? I cant really hear much above 75 with the top off and summers coming!!
Finally could you take them out again and replace original panels without the car looking any different at the end!!!

Thanks for your help,
Churchy
Old 05-17-2002, 05:12 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by the lad church
[B]thanks for that, it sounds like a plan.
Old 05-17-2002, 05:18 AM

Churchy, I looked at Lucid's panels but before investing such an amount, sourced local knowledge first. Armed with the photo's from this site, I walked into my local "Road Radio" and asked them if they could sort me out.

They took the car, with a
Old 05-17-2002, 05:22 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shipley
[B]Churchy, I looked at Lucid's panels but before investing such an amount, sourced local knowledge first. Armed with the photo's from this site, I walked into my local "Road Radio" and asked them if they could sort me out.

They took the car, with a
Old 05-17-2002, 05:27 AM

Here ya go.....01403 260090

Guy who owns the place is a bit of a prat......there are 2 guys who do the actual work (dunno their names) who are great.

They are up to speed on all the kit you could want and all the options available to you. Top men !

Road Radio, I think, is a franchise so their quality will be inconsistent.

good luck, you'll love the results !
Old 05-17-2002, 05:43 AM

I bought Lucid's kit as part of a group buy earlier in the year - panels and Kenwoods (I think 1077's ?).

I installed myself working on the basis that it was my brand new baby and I would take more care than anyone else (car was just 3 days old). The instructions were really clear. The sound improvement is really good, but I still think it's a bit lacking vs. my old MGF that had 2 speakers in each door and rears as well (standard kit on the VVC model). However I don't know if this is down to the speakers or the head unit.

The cost from Lucid was US$180, plus I had to pay VAT of c.

Quick Reply: rear speakers: advice and good fitter needed!!