S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Road tax (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/road-tax-1218476/)

s2k4tony 02-29-2024 11:31 AM

Lol... I echo your Tory disdain..
Sure enough, Rishi would say we're still paying the price for COVID. That excuse can't last forever - nearly 4 years on.
The UK is super messy - emigration for me if I could. If you can't beat em, join em!:LOL:

Nottm_S2 03-01-2024 02:39 AM

I know what you mean.

rishi has no reason to want that job other than to protect or enhance his wealth. He is asleep at the wheel, maybe a labour or Reform stooge? Their candidates, Rishi, Truss, Boris, it reads like a who's who of total twats.
​​​​

martin j 03-01-2024 08:15 AM

Twats, that’s a complement, Rishi and many others only out to fill their pockets, trying to emulate Tony b liar.

Nottm_S2 03-03-2024 08:31 AM

Pulled mine out of hibernation today after the rain stopped.

A couple of turns with the fuel pump immob and then she fired straight away. Took it out for a spin, glorious, reminded me why I love this car and put paid to thoughts of sale

Sun out, 5C lol

s2k4tony 03-03-2024 10:32 AM

Was at a car meet today in mine roof down.. loads more punters around the car than usual ( I go monthly in it), good natter with people thinking of owning or previously had one, and in "the know" that it's a seriously good car from Honda. Over engineered almost, for the money they cost from new.
Sitting amongst glued together TVRs with poor detailed finishing and ropey panel joins, it stood out (as always). They have the noise for sure those Trevors, but looked knocked together in a Blackpool shed. Funny that...
I was drooling over a Tamora though, despite it's chocolate engine. They're a stunner IMO, one of the best ever from TVR below the mad as hell Sagaris.
Going to monthly meets like this sort of makes the tax worth it. We have about 100 cars turn up of all types... from MK1 Capri to even a 700bhp Tributo today. Glad to say, s2000 is being noticed these days by alot more of the petrolhead community realising the secret powers they have :LOL:

Nottm_S2 03-03-2024 11:35 AM

Over engineered could be applied to a lot of Hondas of this era but yeah, quality thing

But also so right as a drivers car. Love it.

I don't have a crystal ball, it's not a financial investment for me, it's just something I really enjoy

noodels 03-03-2024 12:06 PM

Salting roads last night,its staying in the garage..

Nottm_S2 03-03-2024 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by noodels (Post 25051923)
Salting roads last night,its staying in the garage..

I stalk Notts CC on twatter, they haven't gritted here recently. It was dusty but dry here but I share your concern. Plan to do some work under the cars this year. Might go to that show at NEC for some product research

skiddy1903 03-06-2024 01:30 AM

When I got another S2000 last year I specifically looked for a post 2006 because they are allowed in to the low emission zone in Aberdeen while pre 2006 aren’t. It’s the same rules as the London ULEZ except it’s not a daily fee, it’s a ban and you get a fine if you enter it. Only starts being enforced this summer.

Exactly the same engine, exactly the same emissions, just certified against the different euro category means pretty much twice the tax but is allowed in the city. I agree with the idea of a low emission zone but basing it on the euro category of engines is stupid.

martin j 03-06-2024 03:43 AM

You don’t expect councils to make sense?