UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Robs Monster S2K build

Old 09-30-2013, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My MRacing Type IV Mirrors arrived today. When I first picked up the box it felt like it was empty. These things are of serious quality and are extremely lightweight. I decided to remove the OEM in mirrors in favour of these purely as a cosmetic measure rather than anything to do with weight though. Also they offer some tie in with the lower portion of the Tamon kit we are fitting which is garnished with carbon front lip diffuser, side diffusers and rear strakes. The mirrors mount to the triangular rubber area located in the front lower area of the front windows. Also supplied as an optional extra were the carbon covering base plates which require drilling depending on exactly where you mount the mirrors base.These cover the mounting screws and make fitting a really neat looking considered affair. Adjustment is offered via a swivel joint which is equipped with 3 small hex head screws allowing the mirror to be positioned and locked if desired. I imagine the locking feature would come into its own when crashing across curbs on the racetrack so as not to shake the mirrors position loose. The mirrors also offer a wide angle blue tinted glass. Over all lovely items that will look great on the car and allow an uninterrupted side profile along the new Tamon bodyline. As my car is in the bodyshop I made the call to have the original mirror mounting holes in the door smoothed. The kit does come with a carbon plug though if you do not have the luxury of this option.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those mirrors are the sex, car is going to be epic.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you buy these from S2X? I considered these before I bought Craft Square mirrorsbut I wasn't prepared to fill in the OEM mounting holes.

The do look great when fitted. ASM have them on their time attack car.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:04 PM

Yes buddy indeed I did. Very good service from him and they didn't take too long to arrive unlike some of the parts on this build.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sexy.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by mr-pitts
Sexy.
X
Old 10-02-2013, 03:35 PM

I have been waiting a little while now for this Personal Neo Grinta 350mm wheel to arrive. I can say that it was worth the wait though. Finishing and leather quality seem to be top notch. I went for the Black leather with Red stitching combo. If I was to be really picky I would have preferred a slightly darker shade of red on the thread they used to finish the wheel. Holding the wheel feels good and the size feels nice for me personally. I do have quite wide shoulders so think that any smaller than 350mm may have felt a little awkward. I did get a 330mm as well just to try which will probably find its way onto the track car me and my father are building.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by cyber gook
I have been waiting a little while now for this Personal Neo Grinta 350mm wheel to arrive. I can say that it was worth the wait though. Finishing and leather quality seem to be top notch. I went for the Black leather with Red stitching combo. If I was to be really picky I would have preferred a slightly darker shade of red on the thread they used to finish the wheel. Holding the wheel feels good and the size feels nice for me personally. I do have quite wide shoulders so think that any smaller than 350mm may have felt a little awkward. I did get a 330mm as well just to try which will probably find its way onto the track car me and my father are building.

My favourite steering wheel right there! Great choice Rob!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:56 AM

Yea Alex, its certainly a nice bit of kit
Old 10-03-2013, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just spent at least 5 minutes drooling over your engine bay. What a project! Cant believe I hadn't seen this thread earlier??

Quick Reply: Robs Monster S2K build