UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Robs Monster S2K build

Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

That's the thing though MB, i'd drive that in the wet knowing how well protected everything is!

I have no doubt i will be polybushing mine later this year, new engine mounts and transmission mounts as well - having seen the cost savings from buying in the USA i'm going to save up for the last few jobs i KNOW need doing.

I do love build threads where it's the owner doing the building - you get a real appreciation for what is really involved.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I know Mark. I think its going to be a dry weather toy now. I'm going to get a cheap civic for a daily I recon. Or just keep catching the bus to offset my carbon footprint Haha. Problem is if I get a civic it'll end up with shiney bits on it too. Oh and talking about how things are meant to work. As said in another thread. The polybush compliance/castor bush really is a bad idea. It restricts the arms up and down movement alot. I will replace it for a spherical one in time.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:09 PM

Old 03-13-2011, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyber gook
As said in another thread. The polybush compliance/castor bush really is a bad idea. It restricts the arms up and down movement alot. I will replace it for a spherical one in time.
I also told you in this thread Like I said, the limitations of the poly will have lesser effects on a more stiffly sprung car. However, the more you lower it from a point where the LCA goes further from parallel to the floor, the worse the binding will be.

(I apologise, but this was worked out using maths/physics that I know you don't really believe is fact )

If you can't afford the bearing, get the rubber as it works in tension and compression

Looks pretty though
Old 03-14-2011, 12:40 AM

Of course Nexus! It was you that bought it to my attention so it was in my mind when putting everything back together. Its not as bad aa I thought it would be but I will definitely replace it in time. At the minute my budget must be focused on the completion of the Turbo fab work and mapping and the rest of the body work.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:19 AM

Excellent work, the finish on your car is amazing
Old 03-14-2011, 08:24 AM

Cheers mate. More pics later when the brakes are fitted
Old 03-14-2011, 02:58 PM

Wide wheels, tyres and lower offsets call for arch work to get a nice flowing fit. So today Rob went about re-modeling the arches to accommodate this. Looks pretty drastic at the minute but when done will look smooth and OEM but just wider. I hope or he's getting a slap as he talked me out of over fenders.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:06 AM

I keep looking back at these pictures and they are making me wince...
Old 03-15-2011, 05:40 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

The only thing i'd be concerned about is stone chipping to the underside of the extended arches - i'd want some pretty thick protection on those. Is there any good way to stiffen the outer edge of the arch to help it maintain that shape?

Quick Reply: Robs Monster S2K build