UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Is the s/plug / oil jet product update for all older S2000's?

Old 09-27-2002, 05:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Is the s/plug / oil jet product update for all older S2000's?

My car is 1 1/2 years old. I have requested information on any outstanding 'product updates' on the car both the Honda UK website and by phone.

I am told there are no outstanding issues relevant to my car

As I understand it the s/plugs and oil juet mods are both reactions to problems inherent in all but very recently manufactured S2000's - so what is going on here????
Old 09-27-2002, 05:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ian, could they already have been done by a dealer as part of other work and they didn't tell you?

- Frisky.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:51 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frisky
[B]Ian, could they already have been done by a dealer as part of other work and they didn't tell you?
Old 09-27-2002, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That seems very odd Ian

I checked with my dealer today and mine is outstanding both PDUs. A week on Monday she goes under the knife (clutch too after they check it out ) Try asking your dealer to look it up on their system, thats what they did for me.

Tif
Old 09-27-2002, 05:52 AM

Ian,

My car went in to Marshalls yesterday for the 9k service, I phoned them beforehand with the VIN number and they identified it from a list they had. I would suspect the best thing to do is to call Geo. Collins and get them to check your VIN.

BTW - Marshalls did all I asked, plus the recall work and didn't valet the car as per instructions.....10/10.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:56 AM

Ian,

My car is of a similar age and HAS been affected by the Honda recall. I went to the Honda UK website (http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/serviceRecalls.jsp) and entered in all the relevant details including the VIN number. Within 24 hours I had a response from them explaining that my car needed to have the oil bolt and spark plug change. Apparently, there was also a seat belt (G-Sensor) recall at some stage and they will change this part at the same time.

I have my S booked into Honda Chiswick on Monday 30th for the work. I had the car serviced there two weeks ago and was extremely impressed with the customer service, I would strongly recommend them.

Hope this helps.

Kit
Old 09-27-2002, 07:10 AM

Ian - have you checked the Honda UK website again very recently? I received a "Nothing required" message only 1.5weeks ago. Checked again three days later and I need the oil jets and plugs.

Keith
Old 09-27-2002, 07:19 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tyringe
[B]Ian - have you checked the Honda UK website again very recently?
Old 09-27-2002, 08:09 AM

I haven't queried mine yet, but I'd imagine a lot of the problem is that the parts are only just becoming available for these mods. You'd think the dealers would get the notification details along with the bits, so it's possible I suppose, that some dealers still don't know about it.

Thank god for this board!!!
Old 09-27-2002, 08:16 AM

If I remember correctly at SM2 the talk was that Honda UK were going to send out the recalls in three lots one lot every two weeks, so customers wouldn't bombard the Dealerships, and they could get enough parts in the UK.

Could this be one reason Ian, that your record shows all OK

dave

Quick Reply: Is the s/plug / oil jet product update for all older S2000's?