UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000 Intakes - again!

Old 03-08-2011, 01:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
I liked the laughing at the end
That was me, you can't hear lovegroova and The Loon, they laughed so hard they were struggling to breathe

Back OT, whilst not wishing to start an arguement here, IMHO the K&N has the best sound of all the CAI's, although I've not heard a J's or Fujita,
Old 03-08-2011, 01:52 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

You're all wrong - PRM with the intake horn moved right up to the hole in the wing sounds just great
Old 03-08-2011, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
PS the one Biker1 is selling will be a good fit.
Cheers MB I'll keep an eye on the FS section for that K&N as well
Old 03-08-2011, 05:15 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I've just fitted mine, pics in my mod thread.

Paul, ones like J's, Gruppe M and Mugen don't make much difference in sound over the OEM air box with the lid on. They are enclosed in a carbon or kevlar box.

HKS doesn't filter much IMO.

PRM, hmmmm, pass
Old 03-08-2011, 05:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at the Tegiwa replica Gruppe M. My only major concern would be having to cut the bonnet, and would it really be worth it?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by samg1988
I was looking at the Tegiwa replica Gruppe M. My only major concern would be having to cut the bonnet, and would it really be worth it?
Le Sau, the Loon and Coolchrisuk have all got Mugen CAI which also require the bonnet to be cut, have a word with them, I'm sure they'll be able to answer this for you, even if it is a different intake

MB - Thanks for the info
Old 03-08-2011, 05:50 AM
MB

No probs.

IMO you either do the intake mod for noise, or as a combination mod to get more power (with decat / manifold etc)

Adding something like a Mugen intake on it's own doesn't offer much more than adding a snorkle to the OEM intake box and putting a K&N filter cone in. Many will disagree, but that's my view!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:36 AM

K&N claim a 6.5 bhp increase for my Typhoon (think FIPK with a longer tube, but without the box, photo below), the technician at the last Club Roling Road day reckoned it was costing me about 5 bhp as there was no direct feed of cold air feed. All I can say is that I haven't noticed that I'm quicker or slower than other cars of stock/similar spec when at the various driving meets I attend. My conclusion is that I'm neither better or worse off.

I initially bought it for someone else, but having fitted it to see what it sounded like, it stayed on the car. For me it's all about the noise If there was a noticable drop in power, I'd have returned it to stock, but with no noticable differeence and a cracking sound, it stays

Old 03-08-2011, 06:41 AM
MB

You could just fit a snorkle - that would feed cold air too it. I think you can get slim ones which don't require bonnet cutting.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulF
K&N claim a 6.5 bhp increase for my Typhoon (think FIPK with a longer tube, but without the box, photo below), the technician at the last Club Roling Road day reckoned it was costing me about 5 bhp as there was no direct feed of cold air feed. All I can say is that I haven't noticed that I'm quicker or slower than other cars of stock/similar spec when at the various driving meets I attend. My conclusion is that I'm neither better or worse off.

I initially bought it for someone else, but having fitted it to see what it sounded like, it stayed on the car. For me it's all about the noise If there was a noticable drop in power, I'd have returned it to stock, but with no noticable differeence and a cracking sound, it stays

Paul - found this item and posted a question on MBs thread about effectiveness. I'm sold on the K&N now - just waiting for MBs FS link
http://www.honda-tech.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=11

Quick Reply: S2000 Intakes - again!