UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Scared

Old 03-21-2018, 08:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any explanation or money off considering your wasted journey all that way?
Old 03-25-2018, 12:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deathside
Made arrangements to return to Swansea on Monday.

New roof now all sorted including a load of extra work putting right problems caused by the previous roof replacement which had been a bit of a botch job by all accounts.
how much was a new roof please? John
Old 03-27-2018, 04:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluepurple
Any explanation or money off considering your wasted journey all that way?
It was an oversite on both my part and on Ray's that he didn't have any contact details for me.
The garage was closed because Ray's father passed away and the funeral was that day.
Ray took what steps he could to let me know IE. He made the guy from the neighbouring garage aware and when he saw me he let me know what was happening (Just unfortunate that he had gone off to collect a car at the time I arrived.)
Ray bent over backwards to fit me in - even offering to do the job on the Sunday.

So whilst there was some inconvenience I'm quite happy with how things turned out. Driving to Swansea twice wasn't so bad considering I live on an island with a 35mph speed limit - It was good to hit the motorways and some Welsh A roads!
​​​​
Originally Posted by Brailer
how much was a new roof please? John
Even though Ray did a bunch of extra work putting right some of the mess that the previous roof replacement had left the price was unchanged. £300 is an incredible price - It amazes me how he manages to make a profit.

I'm very pleased with the end result. The look and feel are great, the improvement in wind noise is incredible and it seems that the major water leak into the boot from the drain rail is fixed too.
The following users liked this post:
Nottm_S2 (03-31-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 03:44 PM

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Deathside
It was an oversite on both my part and on Ray's that he didn't have any contact details for me.
The garage was closed because Ray's father passed away and the funeral was that day.
Ray took what steps he could to let me know IE. He made the guy from the neighbouring garage aware and when he saw me he let me know what was happening (Just unfortunate that he had gone off to collect a car at the time I arrived.)
Ray bent over backwards to fit me in - even offering to do the job on the Sunday.

So whilst there was some inconvenience I'm quite happy with how things turned out. Driving to Swansea twice wasn't so bad considering I live on an island with a 35mph speed limit - It was good to hit the motorways and some Welsh A roads!
​​​​

Even though Ray did a bunch of extra work putting right some of the mess that the previous roof replacement had left the price was unchanged. £300 is an incredible price - It amazes me how he manages to make a profit.

I'm very pleased with the end result. The look and feel are great, the improvement in wind noise is incredible and it seems that the major water leak into the boot from the drain rail is fixed too.
Hi. Thread resurrection!!! Was that £300 supply and fit?
Old 03-21-2023, 02:56 AM

Received 622 Likes on 544 Posts

he makes them from scratch

it's around 400 now i believe
Old 03-21-2023, 05:36 AM

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts

Do we know if these are vinyl or mohair type ?
Old 03-30-2023, 12:07 AM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4tony
Do we know if these are vinyl or mohair type ?
Mohair
Old 03-30-2023, 07:12 AM

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts

I pretty sure mine was replaced at some point as a Monsoon roof- it's definitely mohair as it's got a twill weave to it. Plus, the vinyl version of renovo ultraproofer doesnt work, as I've recently found out... only the cloth version beads as I used that last year.
Old 03-31-2023, 03:02 PM

Received 622 Likes on 544 Posts

Need to take mine here this summer, see how I get on

I think I'll book in as I believe there is a decent lead time
Old 04-06-2023, 10:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
That would seriously put me off, 19hrs ffs

I'll go elsewhere and pay the £ I think

Quick Reply: Scared