UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Scottish Honda Approved Bodyshops

Old 01-20-2003, 01:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Scottish Honda Approved Bodyshops

Anybody had experience of accident repair at any of the Scottish Honda dealers?

Phoenix Honda are telling me they've had plenty of experience in rebuilding S2000's, but I'm a bit sceptical.

How about in Edinburgh. Appears the car has been moved to Newbridge.
Insurance company told me they'd moved it to one of their "approved" vehicle dismantlers! Not sure if they're trying to tell me something.
Old 01-20-2003, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its near Newbridge it could be Alexanders of Edinburgh. ON NO ACCOUNT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR CAR. My Civic was repaired there. When I got it back the lacquer had bubbles through it and the door was misalligned. It went back...second attempt, their was overspray on one alloy and the door still didn't seal right. I contacted my insurance company and they sent out an engineer. He took one look at the car from 15 feet away and said "thats a botch", the wing hadn't been pulled out enough, the door frame was bent and needed replaced and the paint was uneven. He sent a report to Alexanders and told them they had one opportunity to fix it. When he re-inspected it at their premises, he reckoned it was "much better".

I would never go back to them.

You are under no obligation to have your car fixed at the recommended repairers. You are within your rights to insist the car is repaired by a Honda approved repairer. Try asking Chathams Honda who they use...

Edited to add that this is my personal experience and my own opinion of this company. I know of one other person who used them and was satisfied with the service.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:00 PM

Thanks Doug.

My concern on Newbridge was that the only place I knew of which matched the description was a scrap yard I used to frequent to pick up bits for TR's

It's gonna have to be a big shop to handle the mess I've left the car in though. At least 4 wings, both sills, new exhaust, new front and rear bumper, new boot lid and god knows what else is (or isn't) underneath.

Took a look at the Chathams site. Might take a run out there this weekend.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:08 AM

Originally posted by eibutler
Took a look at the Chathams site. Might take a run out there this weekend.
Euan bought his car there and they told him they sell more S2's than anyone else in Scotland. Mind you, that's what my dealer said to me (www.hyndland.co.uk) in Glasgow.
In any event, neither of that is much use as far as repairs are concerned. I honestly don't know of any Scottish owners who have required repairs. Hyndland have always been good to me with other aspects of the dealership and Colin Andrews also deals with them, but he had a write off, so you can't judge it on that.
Phoenix are a bit crap. So I've heard.

There endeth my useless post!
Old 01-21-2003, 06:19 AM

Originally posted by Roadkill

Hyndland have always been good to me with other aspects of the dealership and Colin Andrews also deals with them, but he had a write off, so you can't judge it on that.
My car never got as far as a repair!

I've used a few bodyshops over here in the west but not for serious damage.

Sorry I can't be more helpful

... well actually I'm glad I'm not the font of all knowledge on bodywork repairs

Colin

PS Quick O/T

Did you guys see AquilaEagle's post on coming to Scotland next week? I might try to meet up with him / her on the Saturday. R U in?
Old 01-21-2003, 06:45 AM

Fraid not, I'm flying to San Francisco.
No, I didn't say that with a smug expression.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:59 AM

No worries mate. You get my sympathy (unless you're flying business class or better).

I do too many flights to find a cattle class flight any fun.
Old 01-21-2003, 07:16 AM

Normally I'd agree Colin, but SF is somewhere I've always wanted to visit.
I'm there on business, but I've organised 4 free days!
Old 01-21-2003, 07:19 AM

Well hire yourself a 'stang and go do that Bullitt thang
Old 01-21-2003, 07:32 AM

With my record of recent driving, I think trying to drive on the right at the moment would be a bad idea.

I've had an offer from one of the Bay Area members to join them on a one of their weekend jaunts though.

Quick Reply: Scottish Honda Approved Bodyshops