UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Searching For My First S

Old 11-10-2009, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The S being the most expensive on his site with no pics also made me think twice. Thought the parking sensors and cruise control were probably just a "tick all the boxes" type of error, as Ive seen a few especially on the autotrader with lots more..
I think I will give this one a miss, and keep searching. Hopefully for one on this forum
BTW Great site!! After having read so many threads over the past few months, I now feel I probably know more about the S than any car I owned before, even if I dont know exactly where the bonnet release is
Old 11-12-2009, 02:56 AM

So... the trader has now got some pics of the car up on its web page and on autotrader: http://www.kingstonroadcarsales.co.uk/14120/stock.htm

Must admit - the car looks to be in very good condition - although photos in the rain do tend to hide any dings. very tempted to take the 3 hr road trip to view it
Old 11-12-2009, 04:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How on earth can you see that it's in good condition from those photos?

Looks like any other s2000 to me to be honest...
Old 11-12-2009, 04:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me the research is half the fun of the buying process.

It looks OK. I know it's wet in the pictures but the hoods not fully down. Might just be him not lowering it fully but it's a thing to look for as many cars of that age may of had the hood replaced.

Before you rack up the miles get him to fax or email over the history and send more pictures including the wheels and pictures of any body or hood damage, it could save you both time and expense. I'm sure if he's keen to sell he can spend 5 minutes with his camera and email. Also worth asking him to comment on state of the wheels and body work before you go. The bumpers do pick up a lot of stone chips, doors get dinged, rear wings get dented by fat people, wheels if not kerbed get corroded and hoods wear above the drivers shoulder. He might let you have the last owners details or leave them showing on the history.

You want to make sure it's had the most recent services. Dealers may say full history but that could mean one stamp at 9000 miles with another service now due. A 55 with 20K on the clock really should have four dealer stamps or at the very least two main dealer stamps and proof it's had the fluids changed between dealer visits.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:51 AM

NineBolts
Having spoken to the trader, he confirms that main delaer services were carried out in:
June 06 @ 6,000 Miles
June 07 @ 10,000 Miles
June 08 @ 13,000 Miles
27th June 09 @ 18,000 Miles

Thanks for the sound advice, and will try and get as many pics of the body/hood/wheels and a copy of the history book before I commit to a viewing
Old 11-12-2009, 06:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a good start
Old 11-12-2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by ALi_MS,Nov 12 2009, 06:51 AM
NineBolts
Having spoken to the trader, he confirms that main delaer services were carried out in:
June 06 @ 6,000 Miles
June 07 @ 10,000 Miles
June 08 @ 13,000 Miles
27th June 09 @ 18,000 Miles

Thanks for the sound advice, and will try and get as many pics of the body/hood/wheels and a copy of the history book before I commit to a viewing
Be a man and go and have a look at the car. You obviously like it, it's got FHSH and I assume it's the right colour. Asking for a pictures and all that is just stalling IMO - the right car is worth traveling for and this could just be the right car for you. You can always walk away if you don't feel comfortable.

When I was looking for a car I drove to Southport from London to look at a car and still walked away when the deal wasn't what I felt comfortable with ~ we were out by a mere £250.

It's up to you, but I think you learn more about the car and it's condition by seeing it in the flesh so to speak. If you go with the intention to look, not necessarily buy, you won't be under pressure to buy for making the trip.

You decide
Old 11-13-2009, 05:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As you can see, its on my doorstep.

This trader is not known to me at all, but I have good friends in the trade so will enquire about his rep.

I am just away to Birmingham tonight, but tomorrow or Sunday morning - if time permits - I'll go and take a look for you

I have a fair grasp of what I'm looking at

Are you happy with the price?

Have you HPI and accident checked it the reg is EO55 TZE.

Steve, in TA6
Old 11-13-2009, 05:58 AM

Looks well worth seeing. 05 with 20k a good SH and you could nail it for 11k?

Don't faff around too much - it might just go......

Old 11-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are serious about this car then it would be worthwhile to contact the dealer(s) that serviced the vehicle to confirm the history. HPI checks should be done when you are 99% committed to buying the car. If you want to have a look at my car so that you can get an idea of what should be looking for please feel free to PM me.

I should be in your area this weekend.

Haroon

Quick Reply: Searching For My First S