UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Silverstone - Massive Tree - Berlina Black

Old 02-13-2015, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great cars, I had a VTR then a Pug 106 GTI, MX5, now drive a Silverstone S2K and a Swift Sport...all great fun.
You did a good job on the ITR, looks great, welcome to the forum.

Rob.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys a quick update, Im going to Thailand next month traveling so only have little cash to spend on the car, But i wanted a new intake as i could feel the car struggling with just the airbox lid off. After watching the Mighty Car Mod videos of the intakes on moogs s2000 i really wanted an AEM v2 as it gave him nearly a 10hp gain over the standard airbox. But I really couldn't afford to spend to much on what is just effectively aluminium piping. So i was looking on eBay and found basically a complete copy for £42, I had a spare Ram Air filter lying round anyway so I bought the kit to see how it faired. When it arrived i couldn't believe the quality of it for the money.

Here are some pictures i took installing it.

The Finished Product (yes i stuck my own sticked on... Haters Gonna hate)

The aluminum Piping Fit perfectly but needed some cables ties here and there the completely secure it, The Oil feed pip and coolant pipe included were a little too wide but once tightened with Jubilee clamps that weren't included they fit just fine.

I had to go to my local car store though to get some longer vacuum hose to plum in the Air-pump as this hose wasn't included.

I was also worried about hydro-locking so i bought a Hydro-shield to go over the cone filter, for anyone that doesn't know what this is its a piece of Breathable fabric that water wont penetrate

THE VERDICT:

Now I have installed many different mods on NA cars and this was by far the most effective mod i have ever done, it has truly bought the car to life and i know it hasnt been on a dyno but i can tell that running the car with the airbox lid off was doing the no good at all and had definitely put it down on power.
With the CIA installed now though the thing just pulls like a train and the vtec kick is no longer dull like before infact i would say its now harder the modded B series i had previously which is something i thought this car was missing compared to My integra.

I know your all thinking its just the noise that making me feel its faster but honestly hand on heart the car is much faster than before. and strangely enough i hate to say it but is actually much better on fuel. I pulled back 33 MPG on Sunday night on a 120 mile trip. Only half of it was motorway miles the rest was Fast driving on B roads. It normally only does 20-25 mpg on the same run

So anyone who want to install one of these i would definitely recommend it.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:18 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

£2k for an ITR is a bargain! Wish I'd seen that.

With the amount of rust on your last one and rust on your new one - Cheaper for you to invest in a welding course and your own welder
Old 03-09-2015, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Riknos
£2k for an ITR is a bargain! Wish I'd seen that.

With the amount of rust on your last one and rust on your new one - Cheaper for you to invest in a welding course and your own welder

Yeah it was actually for sale for 3K but i managed to knock him down too £2k
Ive had the tiny scap on the s2k cut out now, just havent taken any pictures due to the weather
Old 03-24-2015, 01:05 PM

Just seen this on ebay chrome didn't take long, feel bad for you.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:34 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Oh shittucks man :'(

Hope you weren't hurt!
Old 03-24-2015, 02:02 PM

Shame to see another one go
Old 03-24-2015, 02:09 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Lamppost? Hope driver was ok.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by japcrap
Just seen this on ebay chrome didn't take long, feel bad for you.

Originally Posted by Toms1989
Oh shittucks man :'(

Hope you weren't hurt!

Yeah guys i was trying to keep it quiet for the time being lol -_-.

I wasn't actually driving the car at the time my mate was and i was in the passenger seat. as you all know it was a lovely day on Saturday and after spending all morning and early afternoon polishing the car i went for nice commute with a close friend of mine to enjoy what i thought was maybe the start of a great summer. Mid drive My mate asks me if he could drive and as he is fully comp on his own vehicle I let him as he's driven it many times before. we swapped seats and continued on the drive, literally 5 minutes after he got behind the wheel he hit a patch of dirt on the ground at 40-50mph and the car slid. He then over corrected sending us strait off the road in a slide crashing into a tree.

It was awful i had to sit there helpless and watch my pride and joy get totalled right in front of my very eyes. The worst bit is that i knew i could of saved it if i were driving, but i couldnt do anything but sit back and wait for the impact :/. After we hit the tree i got out and collapsed as the hit winded me for a good 10 minutes. Im alright now although i may have fractured my ribs as i hit my torso on the transmission tunnel and i don't know for sure because the hospital wont X-ray me.

So if anyone wants an extremely clean ap1 with Smash on the side for spares going very cheap or knows anyone selling an AP1 with 80k on the clock i would be very interested as my friend is buying me a new car. Such a shit day But dont worry i will be back with another soon enough. And never guys Ever let anyone else drive your car... NEVER EVER!!! Lesson Learned :/
Old 03-24-2015, 03:21 PM

Wasn't my intention to cause any issue for you so apologies if I have! If it's any consolation it looks like there is a lot of stuff on the car that's in good nick and salvageable so it might be a better idea to break it if you have the time/space. Would probably get more than selling as is. As others have said I know it's hard to look on the bright side but important thing is you came out of it mostly ok.

Quick Reply: Silverstone - Massive Tree - Berlina Black