UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Singapore - An S free zone?

Old 06-18-2006, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Singapore - An S free zone?

My work just treated me to 3 weeks in Singapore - An interesting place

I was really surprised that throughout my time I didn't once see an S - Seems strange as there are a lot of modded cars out there - Integras & RX8 are very popular

Taking into account that I was a complete drunkard most evenings - here's a couple of very poor quality pics I snapped:

On a side note I got a call from Bob Gerard whilst I was in Singapore to let me know that my S is finally built and is now on route from Japan to UK (via Cyprus) - Still got to wait until the end of July though
Old 06-18-2006, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is one "S" in singapore.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:30 AM

Old 06-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by soulcrew,Jun 18 2006, 06:16 PM
there is one "S" in singapore.
That's actually mildly funny - for you.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:43 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I bet there is one there somewhere! I saw a few Ferarri's and Skylines when I was there.

Cars cost about 3x as much as they do over here - extremely expensive. And from memory you can only keep them 3 or 5 years from new!

Great place though, no crime and very safe.

MB
Old 06-18-2006, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark,Jun 18 2006, 06:43 PM
I bet there is one there somewhere! I saw a few Ferarri's and Skylines when I was there.

Cars cost about 3x as much as they do over here - extremely expensive. And from memory you can only keep them 3 or 5 years from new!

MB
Sums it up in a nutshell really

I saw quite a few Ferraris and MX5 are so common it's scary

I was told cars are really pricey and max age is 10 years but few last that long - They are taxed on age and it goes up a lot every year

The law is super strict (don't know what impact this has on driving) - but the zero tolerance approach to vandalism, litter, drugs etc (Death sentance for drug dealers - Whippings for vandalism & litter) makes it a crime free and more importantly a chav free zone

I could easilly live there - And now my work is sending me back again next month
Old 06-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

I spotted a late model silver S2000 in Orchard Road, Singapore about 3 months ago.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark,Jun 19 2006, 04:43 AM

MB
It's currently 6 years, soon to be 7.

Most cars are then exported to New Zealand.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Deathside,Jun 19 2006, 04:55 PM

The law is super strict (don't know what impact this has on driving) - but the zero tolerance approach to vandalism, litter, drugs etc (Death sentance for drug dealers - Whippings for vandalism & litter) makes it a crime free and more importantly a chav free zone

I could easilly live there - And now my work is sending me back again next month
It would be a rarity to get caned for littering. A minor offence in Singapore is usually a $1,000 fine and/or 6 months in the slammer.

Death for discharging a firearm in the commission of an offence & drug trafficking.

For unauthorised consumption of drugs there is a maximum of 10 years' jail or fine of S$20,000.

The upside is that Singapore is a very safe place to walk around at any time of day or night. I love the place and a looking forward to my next trip there in Mar 07.

And you're right ... there is a distinct lack of chavs. Ain't it grand?

Just don't try holding a rally or public meetings of more than 4 people. Standing on a soapbox will get you arrested quick smart. They haven't quite got the freedom of speech thing down pat yet to the dismay of many locals.

Singapore Statutes
http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/

Old 06-19-2006, 12:27 AM

an S in spore would cost rgn

Quick Reply: Singapore - An S free zone?