UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Smaller things to start with to get the most out of it

Old 08-20-2015, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What exactly is the 'exhaust mod' or is it just doing the CAI + Decat?
Old 08-20-2015, 06:50 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by DanGamble
What exactly is the 'exhaust mod' or is it just doing the CAI + Decat?
You put a bypass into the exhaust: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/944056-exhaust-mod/
Old 08-20-2015, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should cost you around £100 give or take.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:44 AM

Ok, I'll bite.

Your first port of call is to get the car to how it was.

Naturally you'll have full serviced the car - fresh fluids (Engine oi, engine coolant, engine oil filter, gearbox oil, diff oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid, grease the clutch fork, set the tappets)

A good start with the brakes

So now you need to look at all the suspension bushes/ball joints/track rod ends.

No point going with mediocre coilovers like Meister R until you have all that sorted.

Right, so you have sorted out your suspension, all the bushes are free and not perished meaning you can get a good geometry setup.

Don't bother with Meister R, Yellowspeed, or any of that Chinese generic rubbish. If you do want to bother with it, save youself some money and get these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADJUSTABLE...item4d346550e3

They are the same thing without a fancy label.

I'd recommend going with some lowering springs (Eibach, H&R, Tein etc) until you can save up for a quality damper. (KWv3 is about where I'd start).

So you have the car lowered, the bushes all free, and you have done your brakes. You now have a good quality base on which to go forward

Handling wise, I'd suggest a rear lower brace.
Brake wise I'd suggest a Master Cylinder brace.

Exhuast/intake are your choice entirely. Don't expect power, so go for the look/sound.

Once you have done all that, then you can decide what you actually want to do with your car (Road, track, both, etc etc) and we can move forward
Old 08-21-2015, 03:14 AM

Wow thanks's for the write up, definitely gives me a few areas to look in. I'll keep referring back to this

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Ok, I'll bite.

Naturally you'll have full serviced the car - fresh fluids (Engine oi, engine coolant, engine oil filter, gearbox oil, diff oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid, grease the clutch fork, set the tappets)

So now you need to look at all the suspension bushes/ball joints/track rod ends.

No point going with mediocre coilovers like Meister R until you have all that sorted.

Right, so you have sorted out your suspension, all the bushes are free and not perished meaning you can get a good geometry setup.

Don't bother with Meister R, Yellowspeed, or any of that Chinese generic rubbish. If you do want to bother with it, save youself some money and get these:

I'd recommend going with some lowering springs (Eibach, H&R, Tein etc) until you can save up for a quality damper. (KWv3 is about where I'd start).

So you have the car lowered, the bushes all free, and you have done your brakes. You now have a good quality base on which to go forward

Exhuast/intake are your choice entirely. Don't expect power, so go for the look/sound.

Once you have done all that, then you can decide what you actually want to do with your car (Road, track, both, etc etc) and we can move forward
Old 08-21-2015, 11:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Ok, I'll bite.

Old 08-29-2015, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Do some more advanced driving courses/track days in addition to the Car Limits day you've just done. Learn to get the most of what you have before messing about with the car itself.

Buy some better tyres, too.
Okay.. Did carlimits again yesterday and definitely felt like i was handicapped by my tyres. Was understeering alot on brand new Proxies vs my 4mm Potenza's. Definitely will be sticky to Potenza's in the future!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:30 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

You're learning!

There's probably a lot more to be got out of the standard car (and yourself) before starting to fiddle with it.

Aside from the chassis braces and the 17" OEM tyres, I've not really been inclined to fiddle much with mine. Apart form the cold air intake/airhorns/ICE. And snipping the vehicle speed sender wire for the roof...and the BYS seat rail.