UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Spoon Parts - Wheels - Offset - Calipers

Old 11-30-2013, 03:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spoon Parts - Wheels - Offset - Calipers

Well since this

I have been gutted, When my beater failed its MOT driving Dads Type R brought it back how much i love the S and even just seeing the odd S about made it even worse, Still properly in love with the car,

Been working my arse off and saving like mad,

Got insurance payout, This would of happily covered fixing the car but i was not really happy with that,

Always wanted to do some more stuff to it and always wanted some kind of F/I, From what i remember its still plenty fast enough even more after what i have been driving but i either do it all in one or i keep the beater which i am not sure on at the moment so F/I it is, To Supercharge or Turbocharge i am still looking at options and there + and - so far,

Looks wise i want to get the Spoon kit, Front fenders, Rear fenders and rear bumper, Maybe the Spoon bonnet or something else carbon,

I am sure Si wont mind me using these,

This is what i want to aim for roughly, Maybe minus the monkey though And no wimpy hardtop,

First question, Good place to get Spoon parts? I know they have a price tag attached to them but would still like the best price i can get same as everyone i guess, EHM, Spoon Europe and Si deal in Spoon, Anyone i have missed and anyone from the states that ships to the UK? I have asked a few but soon as it comes to shipping everyone says no, Also how do the number plate lights on the spoon rear bumper fit?

Question two, I want Spoon calipers, I like the use of stock disc and pads and plan to go dixcel after the reviews they have, I know these clear my PF01SS (Thanks MB) but i need another set of wheels for summer rubber, I am going to either have to replace the PF01 with something else along with another set or get some spacers, What are peoples thoughts on spacers? I am happy with 225F and 255R but guess i could go 255F as well, I also clearly need to get wheels that fit the wider fenders so from what i know 20 less on the ET should put me in roughly the right place if i was to go without spaces, But then run in to problems with some wheels still not clearing the calipers, I love the RPF1's so those and a set of spacers would work for both wheels then i guess, What would sit right on a Spoon kitted car and still clear the calipers? 17" only I dont want any stretch or sticking out wheels having to run stupid geo settings to fit,
If i was to go BBK and use aftermarket disc's/pad's what else is available kit wise? Just love the fact the Spoon setup gets rid of a lot of weight but also keeps stock disc's/pad's, Still want to keep ABS and 17" wheels whatever option i go for,

Question three, Pot luck on this one, There was Yellow S with a boot spoiler that came over the rear but had a hole for the 3rd brake light, I have been through every favorite i have and cannot find it, The pictures from what i can recall, One had it fully in Yellow and two or three others had the top in Yellow but then the underside in Black, Really is just a pot luck question as i cannot find it or think of the name

Question four, Suspension, I currently have Meister R's on the car, It was only lowered 20MM as anymore was just daft for the crap roads round here and i really struggled to get on the drive and with the Spoon front bumper i cannot think it will be any better, I am mostly interested in a good quality ride, I am very tempted to jump on the group buy for Ohlins if i can, Would this be a good idea for road use, It may go on a track one day but that's a few hours work compared to the rest of its life, To be totally honest it has been that long since i have been in the S i cannot think how good/bad the ride was, But if i know i will get a great ride from the Ohlins i would be very tempted to jump on board if i can,

Question five, The car has been stood for nearly a year and a half now, Clearly its not been serviced and the battery will more then likely be a pancake, Just give it a full service doing everything? Its a 08 on 32K so by now it should be a big service for it anyway, Just get everything done in one stab just to ensure it's right,

Anyway i think that's enough for now, Anything else i think of (sure i will) i will just add in a reply,

Cheers,

Phil.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:02 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

1) Ant at Spoon is where I get my Spoon stuff, but Si has always been very helpful on other things.

2) If you are going wide body I'd sell the Enkeis and go for the wider offset Spoon wheels which Si had. No real issues with spacers though, I had some on for a short while and they were well made.

3) Pass

4) you will not go wrong with Ohlins IMO. They are a road and track coilover so I'm sure the damping will give you the range you need.

5) Pour some oil in it, fill it with a jerry can of fresh V Power, get it idling for a good while, take for gentle spin, get it serviced.

Enjoy!

PS, I hear Si's yellow S is back up FS in France
Old 12-01-2013, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good, our cars will be the same but different colours.
I think the spoiler you are after is the Tamon design one or possibly the JDP engineering one, both have a cut out for the brake light.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah it sounds like the jdp spoiler.I have it myself and the quality is waaaaay up there
Old 12-01-2013, 02:02 AM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4 freak
Question three, Pot luck on this one, There was Yellow S with a boot spoiler that came over the rear but had a hole for the 3rd brake light, I have been through every favorite i have and cannot find it, The pictures from what i can recall, One had it fully in Yellow and two or three others had the top in Yellow but then the underside in Black, Really is just a pot luck question as i cannot find it or think of the name
I don't know what yellow S you are talking about, but your description of the spoiler makes me believe that it's the Tamon Design spoiler:

or a replica Tamon design:

or maybe the JDP as nick300zx suggest:

HTH

Chris.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by MB
1) Ant at Spoon is where I get my Spoon stuff, but Si has always been very helpful on other things.

2) If you are going wide body I'd sell the Enkeis and go for the wider offset Spoon wheels which Si had. No real issues with spacers though, I had some on for a short while and they were well made.

3) Pass

4) you will not go wrong with Ohlins IMO. They are a road and track coilover so I'm sure the damping will give you the range you need.

5) Pour some oil in it, fill it with a jerry can of fresh V Power, get it idling for a good while, take for gentle spin, get it serviced.

Enjoy!

PS, I hear Si's yellow S is back up FS in France
Someone is making the wrong plan to sell Si's car again, Hope the next owner keeps it longer

1/ Ant @ Spoon Europe or just Spoon? There is a few £ diffrence from Si to Spoon Europe but both have 8% off at the moment as well,

2/ Si had Rays which i thought was a normal S2000 offset hence the 15MM and 20MM spaces he had on, Do Spoon do a wheel that fits there kit? I do like the wheels but i am sure they are +45 in 17x8.5 and +38 in 17x9.5, I just love how the car was on AD08's so would love to get a new set for it but clearly need the right size wheels as well,

I don't want to be eating arch but i also don't want them to be so far set in as above, I dread to think how bad it would look if i kept the 16's for winter Need 17's in a decent size for winter as i have rubber already so just need to sort out what is the best option,

4-5/

Originally Posted by nick300zx
Sounds good, our cars will be the same but different colours.
I think the spoiler you are after is the Tamon design one or possibly the JDP engineering one, both have a cut out for the brake light.
JDP is the one, Think it looks spot on

Website put in favourites and saved to desktop

Originally Posted by Carbon S2K
Yeah it sounds like the jdp spoiler.I have it myself and the quality is waaaaay up there
Any pictures?

Originally Posted by chrisr111
or maybe the JDP as nick300zx suggest:

HTH

Chris.
Brill, Cheers Chris,

Old 12-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Banned

Hello Phil,

1. Hi

2. If you go with the spoon CR93's then to clear the spoon caliper you will need the 17/8.5 et53. If you go for the wide rear arches you need to go for 17/9.5 et38. These should fill your arches on the wide kit without spacers.

3. Pass

4. If you want hassle free road friendly why don't you consider the spoon fixed height dampers and progressive springs cheaper solution than the ohlins (they are the dogs dangles)

5. Agreed with MB

Anthony
Old 12-01-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon Sports Europe
Hello Phil,

1. Hi

2. If you go with the spoon CR93's then to clear the spoon caliper you will need the 17/8.5 et53. If you go for the wide rear arches you need to go for 17/9.5 et38. These should fill your arches on the wide kit without spacers.

3. Pass

4. If you want hassle free road friendly why don't you consider the spoon fixed height dampers and progressive springs cheaper solution than the ohlins (they are the dogs dangles)

5. Agreed with MB

Anthony
Hello

How would the 17/8.5 et 53 fit with the Spoon fenders? Want the rear arches, Is there any pictures of this setup or am i just being blind? I can find lots of cars with the Spoon fenders but i must just be missing the ones with Spoon wheels

What height are the dampers? I cannot really go lower then 20MM as it makes getting the car on/off the drive a pain in the backside, I dont even know if 20MM will work with the diffuser and front bumper to be honest,

Any idea on the number plate lights for the bumper or any pictures?

Cheers,

Phil.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No of the jdp spoiler on the car yet (still in the box) if your located near Northamptonshire your more than welcome to come have a look at it
Old 12-03-2013, 06:41 AM

i have the JDP spoiler on my black s2k if you want pics?

Quick Reply: Spoon Parts - Wheels - Offset - Calipers