UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Sprinting and Hillclimbing an S2000

Old 10-01-2016, 01:36 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by earl's_f20c
Originally Posted by mtunreal' timestamp='1475237550' post='24073380
As the first year is over and everything went well, I've decided to post some videos from the year. Unfortunately I don't have video's from every race, as I didn't want the distraction.

1st time I broke the figure of 8 class record - https://www.youtube....h?v=kC9hWH3uaK8

Getting a bit hairy on the short course - https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Wet conditions on the long circuit - https://www.youtube....h?v=vwDu_j6ITys
Oh now you give away your secrets haha!!

Awesome peddling bro
The trick is to keep it on the track
Old 10-01-2016, 07:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mtunreal
Originally Posted by earl's_f20c' timestamp='1475256284' post='24073597
[quote name='mtunreal' timestamp='1475237550' post='24073380']
As the first year is over and everything went well, I've decided to post some videos from the year. Unfortunately I don't have video's from every race, as I didn't want the distraction.

1st time I broke the figure of 8 class record - https://www.youtube....h?v=kC9hWH3uaK8

Getting a bit hairy on the short course - https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Wet conditions on the long circuit - https://www.youtube....h?v=vwDu_j6ITys
Oh now you give away your secrets haha!!

Awesome peddling bro
The trick is to keep it on the track
[/quote]

lol I blame the road surface/rumble strips/weather/geology and any other inanimate objects for my 'offs'
Old 10-08-2016, 10:11 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Well the Curborough championship is over for this year but we simply can not wait till next April so Myself and Mike have booked into 1 last sprint this year, it's tomorrow the 9th organised by the Midland Automobile Club at Curborough on the figure of 8 course and it looks like we will be in good company as it's also the last round of the Pirelli Ferrari Hillclimb Championship with 12 booked in including a 74 Dino, our class is made up of MX5's MGTF's and 3 lotus Elise all on 1B tyres so Mike has gone with his R1R's which he has being dying to use all year but our championship was restricted to 1A tyres, i'll be going on my RS3's on which i won the first round and with it being the same layout will be interesting to see if i have learned anything and can better my time,
Old 10-08-2016, 11:04 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
Well the Curborough championship is over for this year but we simply can not wait till next April so Myself and Mike have booked into 1 last sprint this year, it's tomorrow the 9th organised by the Midland Automobile Club at Curborough on the figure of 8 course and it looks like we will be in good company as it's also the last round of the Pirelli Ferrari Hillclimb Championship with 12 booked in including a 74 Dino, our class is made up of MX5's MGTF's and 3 lotus Elise all on 1B tyres so Mike has gone with his R1R's which he has being dying to use all year but our championship was restricted to 1A tyres, i'll be going on my RS3's on which i won the first round and with it being the same layout will be interesting to see if i have learned anything and can better my time,
Good luck to you both. Don't bend them and enjoy.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:36 AM

What an adventure today has been...

It started out with me leaving home having hardly slept and seeing every hour on the clock. On route to the circuit I could hear something knocking on the car, which was getting on my tits and setting the paranoia in. In a daze, we whistled up to a road closure and panicked thinking we'd be really late. Thankfully, a local took pity on us and shares the knowledge on how to get around.

We arrived on time at the circuit and got the cars prepped. Drivers briefing was strict and told us to keep a tight schedule with number of entrants. That's when it all fell apart. Briefing finished at 8:50 with practice starting prompt at 9. We were sat in the car ready to go as the first batch when we were called up. As the last two in the batch, we waited for the order to take place. However, no body else were even in there cars. One chap strolls up minutes later and only just starting to prep his car. The holding area is a cluster truck, nobody is in order. We have people doing burnouts in the paddock, another one pissing out fluids on the start and general lack of ability. It took over half an hour to set off 12 cars, ridiculous.

This trauma occurs through both practice runs. Started out with me closing my window on a marshals hand by accident, claiming his glove as my prize. Mid corner on the second run I hear a huge kaplunk as the arb link finally gives up. Que interesting steering feel. We get back to the pits and have instantly have one of the lotus drivers onto us. Nattering our ear off and making out he's at a massive disadvantage. This lad was quizzing about the cars as he said he was looking to buy. We find out later this guy had dobbed us in to the Clark of the course. Saying we shouldn't be in the class cos of our cars. Sneaky Lil b-wad.

In the second run we had a new arrival in the class. A sweet like fiat x19, running a 1400 turbo. He managed to split me and Ray in times and the lotus wasn't far behind. Our first time, me and Ray both set identical times to our practice runs. Very weird stuff. The X19 had come between me and Ray, causing Ray to panic that the lotus will also pip him. Down to the final run.

Ray's previous PB was 69.12, and in the first time run managed to set a new PB of 68.81. Firing out the gate in the second time run, Ray has a 0-64ft time faster than the French reach for the white flag at 2.32 seconds. I can see on the timing board his split time was 45.06 which is looking great. Howling over the line, Ray absolutely smashed it setting a 67.98. That an epic time, faster than 90% of the Ferrari's.

The day finishes with my new PB of 66.81, ray's new PB at 67.98 and us both picking up 1St and 2nd respectively. What an absolutely awesome result.

Such an adventure of a day, so much wild stuff going on. Big big thanks to Ray for such a fun day. Really looking forward to next year on the hills.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was there today, had a little nose round the cars too! Both cars looked Quick! Would love to get on and join you guys in the future! Curborough is 10 mins from my house!
Old 10-09-2016, 01:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice one lads
What was the motive of the complain with the scruteniers?
Shame I couldn't go
Old 10-09-2016, 01:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mtunreal
We find out later this guy had dobbed us in to the Clark of the course. Saying we shouldn't be in the class cos of our cars.
On what basis? I presume they didn't bump you to another class?
Old 10-09-2016, 09:28 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Well done chaps.

It's amazing how a couple of small things can mess with your head. I have to be mega early and overprepared or I don't sleep / get ruffled, but it improves with experience.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:48 PM

Cheers chaps.

His basis was because me and Ray were faster than him Hahaha. Apparently because we run different final drives.

This is the guy who held up the meeting all day, and was pulled from the start line having being staged for not wearing his overalls. He had them stuffed in the footwell, and was running in jeans. Clark of the course was not a happy bunny.

Quick Reply: Sprinting and Hillclimbing an S2000