UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Supercharger Flutter

Old 03-31-2017, 12:49 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

took car for a spin this morning and the flutter is now gone!! so much for HKS saying the bov was suitable....

does feel down on power though, no longer spinning the wheels in 1st gear, but not sure if that is because my air filter is past its best or if the belt is slightly too loose, but i cannot hear any belt screech so i assume its the air filter. I have a new one so will get that put on at the weekend and see if it make a difference

Also am i right in thinking that the reducer doesnt have to be super tight anyway as it does not see much pressure?
The following users liked this post:
mikegsi (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 12:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
took car for a spin this morning and the flutter is now gone!! so much for HKS saying the bov was suitable....

does feel down on power though, no longer spinning the wheels in 1st gear, but not sure if that is because my air filter is past its best or if the belt is slightly too loose, but i cannot hear any belt screech so i assume its the air filter. I have a new one so will get that put on at the weekend and see if it make a difference

Also am i right in thinking that the reducer doesnt have to be super tight anyway as it does not see much pressure?
A pretty consistent theme!!
Old 03-31-2017, 01:18 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

BOV is suitable for me #winning

Mine feels a little flat now though, but it is warmer now so tyres are a bit better! Going to make a custom airbox for mine as not too happy with the filter soaking up all that lovely heat in the engine bay
Old 03-31-2017, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by johnckeen
BOV is suitable for me #winning

Mine feels a little flat now though, but it is warmer now so tyres are a bit better! Going to make a custom airbox for mine as not too happy with the filter soaking up all that lovely heat in the engine bay
Bought a spare bonnet and chopped the holes in, bottom one sits pretty much above teh filter and you can hear it sucking like one of those new fangled dysons!!! When static can also see the heat haze coming out of the ones above the manifold and charger area, even though I heatwrapped the mani!

Old 03-31-2017, 02:51 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

That looks nice, have you photoshop'd to see if it looks better with both sides done? My other worry would be when it rains, is the filter directly underneath?
Old 03-31-2017, 02:54 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

one thing i did notice, when i tried to remove the vacuum hose from the hks bov, the spout just pulled out of the bov with very little effort leaving the vacuum hose still on, dont know if that could of been letting air past and therefore not fully opening the bov when coming off the throttle?
Old 03-31-2017, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by johnckeen
That looks nice, have you photoshop'd to see if it looks better with both sides done? My other worry would be when it rains, is the filter directly underneath?
Thanks mate, I thought about doing the other side but like it just on this side as it has a 'purpose'. Theres plenty of pictures on here and via google of cars with both sides done that helped me decide to just do the one side.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Define198
one thing i did notice, when i tried to remove the vacuum hose from the hks bov, the spout just pulled out of the bov with very little effort leaving the vacuum hose still on, dont know if that could of been letting air past and therefore not fully opening the bov when coming off the throttle?
possible, not something I noticed myself though mate?
Old 04-01-2017, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my car back from tgm flutter free today. They sourced an adaptor from HKS with a longer take off and had an elbow welded with a clamp fitment to attach to the turbosmart valve. It sits under the intake pipework so is hidden and keeps the bay looking tidy. Works perfectly no flutter at the top end or part throttle.

Last edited by jmsimpo; 04-01-2017 at 02:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
har-vey (04-02-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 04:54 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice

Quick Reply: Supercharger Flutter