UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Supermeet - let the drooling begin!

Old 02-07-2002, 04:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the following reply from Honda today.....

Kim, could we discuss please.

Regards

Paul Ormond

Stephen Hollings also contacted me and I'm currently waiting for him to return a phone call I just made.
Old 02-07-2002, 05:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]I have had the following reply from Honda today.....
Old 02-07-2002, 05:56 AM

.....oh yes, if Honda are putting together a bunch of goodies for us, that presumably means that if we want some T-shirts we have to sort that ourselves?

Do we want T-shirts? (I do )

If we do, who can design something for us (I am not 'arty' at all I am afraid - but I think something involving 2 dragons (1 Japanese and 1 welsh) plus an S2000 or 2 has potential to look good.

Wadyallfink?

Any other ideas / suggestions - the design on Rick's shirts is excellent - I think we should attempt to live up to this level of excellence!
Old 02-07-2002, 06:03 AM

How about something completely different - have you seen what they are arranging for the 'Outer Banks Run' in the US?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=41116

Doesnt that sound like somthing to hang on the office wall?

So, any areal photography companies in the Shrewsbury area ?
Old 02-07-2002, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianl
[B].....oh yes, if Honda are putting together a bunch of goodies for us, that presumably means that if we want some T-shirts we have to sort that ourselves?
Old 02-07-2002, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally - 2nd Gear
Old 02-07-2002, 02:13 PM

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Blimey , American tourest badges , T shirts what the hell lets go the all the way , those glossey basball caps with the high fronts

But seriously , the proceeds of a raffle asumming we charged a fee could go to a charity . Does anybody have a pet one ( no not Batersea dogs home )

How about to S2K owners with sons at Uni , and help please daughters now thinking about it
Old 02-08-2002, 04:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CHIPPO
[B]But seriously , the proceeds of a raffle asumming we charged a fee could go to a charity
Old 02-08-2002, 04:37 AM

Originally posted by PWE 896
Given the location of the meet, an appropriate one may be the Shropshire and Mid-Wales Hospice, here in Shrewsbury. It does a tremendous and invaluable job assisting people in very tragic circumstances and relies heavily on charitable donations for its survival. On a selfish note, should we get stopped by Plod and we tell them that the thing is part pleasure and part raising money for the Hospice, it wouldn't do us any harm either.
Yes, that gets my vote Pete - having sadly needed the services of a hospice last year for a close family member, I know what a remarkable job these good folks do - they deserve all the help they can get.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:18 AM

*********GOODIE ALERT!!!!!! INCOMING GOODIES!!!!!!**************

I have just heard from Goodwood - they have donated 2 Saturday tickets for the Goodwood Festival of Speed

For those how have not been - this is the best motorsport event in the world.

Bar none!

You will never get closer to modern F1 machinery - my son and I sat in the McLaren pit last year whilst the fired up the Merc engine - it was put thro' a complete 'heat cycle' controlled from a laptop, utlimately revving to 16,000rpm 4' away from us - no engine cover - stabs of blue flame coming out of the exhausts ). So far 5 times have committed (BAR, Williams, Jaguar, Renault and Jordan - I think) They are hoping for 8!

I stood and chatted with Andy Wallace (Le Mans Bently driver) for a good 10 mins next to the car he had raced only the previous week-end for 24 hours - still covered in French grime. Excellent!

An the historic machinery - it will make you drool (I was allowed to sit...yes SIT...in Nick Masons Ferrari GTO!) Last year the Brabham 'fan' car ran for the fist time since it was banned....ooooops, sorry Mr. Eclestone......withdrawn by the team!!!

I quite like the Festival - it is a great prize!

Have a look at

www.goodwood.co.uk

Ian

Quick Reply: Supermeet - let the drooling begin!