UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Tanabe Concept G exhaust and Berk HFC

Old 04-29-2015, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sorry I mean that I couldn't get it cheaper buying it direct from the US. I agree that the above price is good.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My exhaust came from Tarmacsportz and was shipped from the US all for £886 to my door. That said, I have dealt with Andy at S2Ktuning and he is a top chap to deal with, so for the sake of a few quid and wondering about import duty and tax I'd recommend him.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by woollie
Went to WIM in Chesham today to have the Berk HFC fitted. I was already pleased with the Tanabe Concept G exhaust, especially the sound, apart from a slight drone at around 3.5K RPM. The sound with the HFC fitted is so much better, no drone and definitely feel like there is more power available. Took me by surprise when I was merging onto the M25 on the way home. The car just took off with a glorious exhaust sound. I'll try to get some videos done tomorrow weather permitting. Meanwhile, this is a great cat and exhaust upgrade.
Any sign of these videos yet? wold be good to hear it.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:40 AM

Yes, sorry about the delay. Just waiting for a day when I am a) home early enough and b) it's dry so that I can record it with the roof down as well as up. I also want my daughter there so she can record a drive by video (I would ask my wife but she doesn't understand!).
Old 05-02-2015, 08:31 AM

Some videos but I used the GoPro built in mic so the sound isn't as good as it could be:

Driving with the roof up:

https://youtu.be/5DRPsWNYt0k

Driving with the roof down:

https://youtu.be/9R7SJdgQ6b4

Revving:

https://youtu.be/a_fiB7RDXVQ

Driving with the roof down (2K-8K RPM):

https://youtu.be/R1wyB-6flXc
Old 05-19-2015, 11:31 AM

Just had the Tanabe Concept G fitted at the weekend and I have to say the drone is very bad. Between 3 to 4.5k is the worst and uncomfortably loud.

When installing the exhaust the garage found that the inside of my cat has broken up, so I've ordered a Berk HFC out of necessity. Hopefully that will reduce the drone somewhat as I'm not sure I can live with it...
Old 05-19-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by mark_k
Just had the Tanabe Concept G fitted at the weekend and I have to say the drone is very bad. Between 3 to 4.5k is the worst and uncomfortably loud.

When installing the exhaust the garage found that the inside of my cat has broken up, so I've ordered a Berk HFC out of necessity. Hopefully that will reduce the drone somewhat as I'm not sure I can live with it...
Interesting, let us know if the HFC makes it bearable?
Old 05-20-2015, 01:07 AM

The Berk HFC will make a big difference. Interesting that you find the drone very bad, I guess everyone has different tolerances to various frequencies. The biggest difference that I found was between the 3-4.5K RPM band, so motorway cruising is more relaxed so hopefully you will find the same. The sound is definitely improved with the HFC fitted
Old 06-03-2015, 06:51 AM

The cat arrived today and have the car booked in to have it fitted next Thursday. Will update then!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:01 AM

The cat arrived today and have the car booked in to have it fitted next Thursday. Will update then!
Ha ha thats weird I was just thinking about you!

Edit: that sounded a little creepy, I meant I was thinking about your big shiny pipe.

EXHAUST! I mean the exhaust !!

Quick Reply: Tanabe Concept G exhaust and Berk HFC