UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Tegiwa Cold Air Intake

Old 08-05-2013, 12:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tegiwa Cold Air Intake

Now I know the majority of S owners on here rate k&n and aem as best intakes but has anyone tried the Tegiwa Cold Air intake? This intake on the EP3 was thought of being one of the best for sound and gains but don't see anyone using it on the S......

The Ebay link is below:
http://bit.ly/OlllvT
Old 08-05-2013, 12:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It certainly didnt harm the figures when i tuned 3 s2000's one day at a dyno day, as to actual gains i cant say for sure but it didnt reduce power.

Its just a copy of the mugen one.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

f@#k me they know how to charge for that £345 ...
Old 08-05-2013, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by s2konroids
It certainly didnt harm the figures when i tuned 3 s2000's one day at a dyno day, as to actual gains i cant say for sure but it didnt reduce power.

Yh that's right just like the tegiwa intake on the EP3 was copying the Gruppe M intake and performing just as well for alot less! So may go down the tegiwa intake route as I also love how it looks.

How did it sound?
Old 08-05-2013, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut
It is a fair bit but they tend to be made really well and finished in carbon fibre they look great to.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Childsy
It is a fair bit but they tend to be made really well and finished in carbon fibre they look great to.
£345 for zero performance gain ... it looks nice ? You can buy any other air intake to give at least the same sound for at least £100 cheaper, maybe even £200 pounds cheaper ... of course ... it's your money
Old 08-05-2013, 01:02 PM

£345 for zero performance gain ... it looks nice ? You can buy any other air intake to give at least the same sound for at least £100 cheaper, maybe even £200 pounds cheaper ... of course ... it's your money
I hear what you're saying but this intake "should" give you between 5-10 Bhp extra and the tegiwa intake on the EP3 had proven gains of around 5-10 Bhp so was hoping it would give similar gains on the S but as not many S owners have tried it I guess it isn't proven yet.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:04 PM

I hear what you're saying but this intake "should" give you between 5-10 Bhp extra and the tegiwa intake on the EP3 had proven gains of around 5-10 Bhp so was hoping it would give similar gains on the S but as not many S owners have tried it I guess it isn't proven yet.
Enough have tried air intakes to know that the gains if any are negligible regardless of manufacture .. my advice save some money buy a V2 of some description
Old 08-05-2013, 01:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by s2konroids

Yh that's right just like the tegiwa intake on the EP3 was copying the Gruppe M intake and performing just as well for alot less! So may go down the tegiwa intake route as I also love how it looks.

How did it sound?
I can't remember really it was the two tegiwa lads that used to be on here, Matt and Andy their exhaust drowned it out. When i was tuning them they both had those tegiwa intakes on.

They both made decent power, one had a different exhaust on and that one made about 5BHP more than the other.

I'd just go with an AEM V2 for bang for buck that definitely add's power.

A longer, tuned, straight'ish intake pipe type CAI suits higher revving engines IME more so at the top end.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a terrible shame that Tegiwa has to resort to copying other companies designs by having them manufactured in a sweat shop in mainland China. I would stay stock or go for the AEM or KN FPIK instead. If you want gains those are two of the best priced intakes. Don't expect much unless you combine it with exhaust and fuelling mods.

Quick Reply: Tegiwa Cold Air Intake