UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Threatening behaviour

Old 08-05-2005, 06:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Threatening behaviour

<RANT>
Queueing in a single lane at a roundabout (Leeds M621 B&Q) waiting for traffic lights. The queue is now stretching back and blocking other routes. I notice the sign says that I can go in the lane to the right that only has one other car in it. So I look around, it's clear and pull into that lane. The slip road makes you merge into one lane with those big road merging arrows. The car in front of me looks to be going the same way so I look left so i can merge, but the focus to my left pulls about 1ft from the bumper of a 200SX so I'm left with no where to go but either do an emergency stop which would be dangerous, force my way into a completely non-existent gap, or gun it because the car in front kept going around the roundabout.

I choose gun it, not a good choice, but seemingly the best one I can make at the time. There's not much room and the 200SX (quite rightly) blows their horn at me. I'm only going 2 junctions towards town (about 1 mile) so I put my foot down to avoid the scene of my shame.

But one of the aforementioned cars spends the next 10 minutes following me around Leeds City center. Harrasing me. I know they were following because the route I took wasn't going anywhere direct. Now if it was the 200SX I could understand, I did a bad thing and I hold my hand up for that one. But it was the fecking Focus! It was his fault I had nowhere to go. He was waving w@nker signs, shouting out the window whever he felt he was close enough and just generally being a prize tool.

I was really quite scared being followed, it's the first time it's ever happened (other than an S2k meet!) and I wasn't sure what to do. Eventually he gave up but I'm actually a bit shaken up by it. Why do they feel the need?

OK, rant over
</RANT>
Old 08-05-2005, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy was obviously just a tool with nothing better to do than harass someone, yeah alright you did something stupid, and if I was in his position I mauy have made my feelings felt too, but following someone around screaming out your window? Not the behaviour of a well balanced personality. Obviously has some 'issues' of his own. What was he gonna do try and beat you up for a bad manouver??! FFS.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:42 AM

Because you're better then they are, and they know it.

I knew my sig would come in useful sometime.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by phase_k,Aug 5 2005, 06:40 AM
The guy was obviously just a tool with nothing better to do than harass someone, yeah alright you did something stupid, and if I was in his position I mauy have made my feelings felt too, but following someone around screaming out your window? Not the behaviour of a well balanced personality. Obviously has some 'issues' of his own. What was he gonna do try and beat you up for a bad manouver??! FFS.
That's the thing, if it was the 200sx driver, fair enough. But it was the focus driver who left me out to dry anyway. At those merge places you're supposed to let people in alternately. Grrr, grumble grumble. I did wrong, but if he hadn't been such a tool initially there'd been nothing to complain about.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:52 AM

feck...what was his number plate?

I had a Saab driver try to force me into a head on collision with a people carrier on the way back from Arran....luckily the people carrier managed to go off-road to avoid me ...but thats another story
Old 08-05-2005, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by chilled,Aug 5 2005, 03:30 PM
<snip> Focus! </snip>
There's your first clue

Don't let it bother you, I've had this when I blew my horn at someone who pulled out on me, the guy took offence that I dared to complain at having to do an emergency stop. I just laughed at him. Some people are just twats.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by The Boy Wonder,Aug 5 2005, 06:52 AM
feck...what was his number plate?

I had a Saab driver try to force me into a head on collision with a people carrier on the way back from Arran....luckily the people carrier managed to go off-road to avoid me ...but thats another story
Couldn't see his number plate he was too close to my arse most of the time.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:07 AM

I had something similar, where the driver took it upon himself to follow me for several miles. This was after he'd cut me up, and he didn't even bother checking to see if it was safe to do so. I was on my bike and could've left him behind quite easily, but I wasn't going to risk my life and other road users/pedestrians lifes by riding too fast around town. I eventually came across a police station where I stopped, and the idiot just drove right past with his horn blaring away up the road.

There's always someone out there with a point to prove!!! Grrrrr.....
Old 08-05-2005, 07:13 AM

I've calmed now. The thing people need to remember is that you have to let things slide. Once the red mist descends, you're not driving properly. And that;s when you're dangerous. I suffer from it occasionally, but I would never consider "giving chase". Blare your horn and shout w@nker, yes, but don't bother chasing and harrasing.

Shame I cared about my car otherwise it would have been really fun to emergency stop, because I bet I know who can stop quicker. And it would be entirely the focus's fault.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:18 AM

Wouldnt worry about it - next time if you know the area drive into the car park of the nearest police station.

I had some utter cock ranting at me the other day. Im lost in an area i dont know trying to follow directions given by a friend. I get to a roundabout, and am not sure which exit he means me to take, so i go round once checking. Im indictating right all the while - showing im continuing round the roundabout. Some tool in a 4x4 assumes im exiting the roundabout sometime soon, as hes seen me make one revolution already.
He pulls out on me, then catches himself just in time. Spends next 5 minutes following me, flashing and showing me wanker signs. Obviously annoyed that i was using the roundabout to errr go around. I smiled clapped then showed him the finger and hit vtec. Bye.

never mind tho - the rising tide of speed cameras will force all these people to re-evaluate their driving skills and singlehandedly stop road rage wont it ?. ... .. . . err hang on.

R.

Quick Reply: Threatening behaviour