UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Today's the day

Old 06-14-2003, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enjoy the car, woogie.
See you at some meets.

San.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:23 AM

I just got my clear side indicators, so know the feeling
Old 06-14-2003, 04:24 AM

Nice choice Woogie, dont forget to run her in for at least 600 miles (no VTC) and gradually build up the revs slowly to 1000 miles if you can resist 100 miles per 1000 revs.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:09 AM
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats !!!

I guess you haven't posted your views because you're probably still enjoying some topless action in this gorgeous weather !!!

Bharat
Old 06-14-2003, 10:00 AM

Well been driving it all day and its been well enjoyable !

When I parked for the first time today two people sprinted over to me and asked me if I liked it as they were interested in getting one!!! I gave them all the stats and they were well impressed ! The woman of the two come out with some spill about getting one for 13,000 as an import so thought that was a bit dubious !!!! Wasn't too impressed with the valet I got at Honda, glass had smear marks and the twin exhausts were filthy so looks like I will be wire wooling them to get all that black crap off. First thing I did when I got it was race home and take the hard top off, I got the roof down then put the tonneu (Is that how you spell it?) cover on which was a bit awkward, I need a bit of practice me thinks !!! To tell the truth I may not even use it as it defeats the object of a 6 second roof !! Only had it for 30 mins and this Honda prelude thingy overtook me, this is when I discovered third gear and I nearly took off not to mention driving up his arse!! Went round my dads and let him have a go, Jesus he scares the life out of me , he really knows how to drive very fast round tight little country lanes, I was very nervous !!! The week before he thought my brother in law was driving like a p*ssy so he showed him how to drive too( porsche gt4 - 4 wheel drive) !!
He really liked the car and rated it big time, when he sat in it he pressed the engine start button but the engine was already on its so quite at idle !!! A crunching noise was heard as the starter motor fought with the engine , I know to be careful of this from now on, cant do it too much good !!

Had the roof down most of the day but seeing my face is like a lobster now been cruising with the roof up and the air con on, it was very nice ! They told me about the oil thing but I have forgotten the make, I know its Esso something synthetric ?

Some tw*t in a beemer just tried to cut me up on the a12 so I let him disappear in my rear view mirror, they think they own the road !!!

Can't wait to I get in it again, it's awesome
Old 06-14-2003, 10:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by woogie
[B]............ Only had it for 30 mins and this Honda prelude thingy overtook me, this is when I discovered third gear and I nearly took off not to mention driving up his arse!!
Old 06-14-2003, 09:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by woogie
[B] The woman of the two come out with some spill about getting one for 13,000 as an import so thought that was a bit dubious !!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 10:00 PM

san2000, no I am not avoiding vtec t all? Why do you say that ?
Old 06-14-2003, 10:42 PM

woogie - you said the car was a 2002, so I assume it's got a few K on the clock, hence no running in required.

If you're driving hard make sure you check the oil weekly. And tyre pressure 32psi when cold. Guess you know this already, but it's just a reminder.

You sound really excited which is great, but just take it easy for a while, until you get used to the car.

Nice one
Old 06-14-2003, 10:47 PM

Blurter, Yes it needs no running in. Do you know what oli I need, the Honda guy told me it was Esso something but I forgot (fully synthetic). As for the tyres is that 32 all round ?

thanks

Quick Reply: Today's the day