UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The torn roof club

Old 07-31-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have one on the near side just behind the door and its going on the other side BUT in a my opinion on a 5 or 6 year old car this is valid wear and tear.

it does not allow water into the cabin so its not a problem for me

Its is the fulrum point and subject much more stress than the other parts of the hood

for sure on a 2 or 3 year old car it shoud not crack but tbn if you get 6 years out of a rag to you are doing well
Old 07-31-2006, 08:38 AM

'99 car.
Drivers side small split aty shoulder height.
Dealers refusing to cover it under extended warranty, Put down to wear and tear.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:39 AM

MY00 covered only 24k
i got a rip on the passenger side at the base where the hood meets the body

not replaced or repaired it
Old 07-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Banned

BenHampton MY03 Dealers refusing to cover it under extended warranty
Paul (guest) MY03 Dealer replaced roof as OEM warranty ended 1 wk before
paullec25 my01 had to use bike puncture repair kit dealers says to old
PhenomS2k - MY01 - Roof torn to ****ary at the base behind each side window, replaced with a Carhood mohair and glass jobby.
grahamb MY03 Dealer replaced roof under OEM warranty.
Fieldl MY04 (2004) Dealer replaced under warranty
Fluffyninja - 2001 Yet to be replaced but car is outside of warranty - both shoulders and plastic screen
Ciderboy - small tear is the same place on drivers side. Recently got worse when tape inside came off with out me noticing. Have bought a fix kit from Halfords and will see how that helps in a few weeks. Not been to dealers as it only developed once >3 years old.
Jaeger - Tears on both sides, at base where it meats the body. Haven't gone to dealers, I'm out of warranty now. MY2001
Burnie 2005 two very small tears both over right shoulder.Still in warranty Ill edit when or not fixed
Bassoctopus MY00 - tears on both sides where roof meets body and shoulder on drivers side.
Dreamer MY05 (55) - rubbing on drivers side, car been with dealer for a week waiting to hear from HUK Warranty. Dealer has said that they saw another car like this too.
Neil (2003) - roof & frame replaced under warranty.
SSEL MY99 GPW JDM - torn in the usual places, got a new one coming from JP
Old 07-31-2006, 11:43 AM

PhenomS2k - MY01 - Roof torn to ****ary at the base behind each side window, replaced with a Carhood mohair and glass jobby.
Fluffyninja - 2001 Yet to be replaced but car is outside of warranty - both shoulders and plastic screen
Ciderboy - small tear is the same place on drivers side. Recently got worse when tape inside came off with out me noticing. Have bought a fix kit from Halfords and will see how that helps in a few weeks. Not been to dealers as it only developed once >3 years old.
Jaeger - Tears on both sides, at base where it meats the body. Haven't gone to dealers, I'm out of warranty now. MY2001
Burnie 2005 two very small tears both over right shoulder.Still in warranty Ill edit when or not fixed
Bassoctopus MY00 - tears on both sides where roof meets body and shoulder on drivers side.
Dreamer MY05 (55) - rubbing on drivers side, car been with dealer for a week waiting to hear from HUK Warranty. Dealer has said that they saw another car like this too.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:16 PM

Any chance of some pics please?? I'd like to try some preventitive measures for mine.

Thanks
Old 07-31-2006, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People seem to be talking about two distinct issues.

One is a
Old 08-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by composite guru,Jul 31 2006, 09:16 PM
Any chance of some pics please?? I'd like to try some preventitive measures for mine.

Thanks
Tech FAQ
Old 08-02-2006, 12:02 AM

Mine is the 2nd problem. Roof replaced yesterday by an approved upholsterer....
Old 08-02-2006, 12:20 AM

Quick Reply: The torn roof club