UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Tune for Basic mods

Old 06-23-2017, 01:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tune for Basic mods

After fitting my CAI, Berk HFC and Fujitsubo Full exhaust system. I'm concerned I I'm in need of a tune as my Air Fuel ratios will be out possibly to a detrimental level ?

I have a pre DBW car (2004) so will need a piggyback/Standalone ECU.

Which brings me to my first question: I know my best choice would be an AEM EMS S2 as this provides the most flexibilty etc but the cost is a limiting factor for me as Im working to a budget and need to consider the rolling road/tuning cost also.

What other options are available for me ? and how do they stack up ? I'm aware of Greddy Emanage and VAFC etc but i'm not sure how much adjustability they would provide compared to the AEM ?

My second question given that I'm based in Worcester, where is best for me to get something like an AEM or Greddy system tuned ? Does anyone know if Romain is still in business and willing to travel also ?

Appreciate any input guys, Thanks !
Old 06-24-2017, 01:44 AM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Romain is London based, so will travel a little, but not that far for one job. I'm in Bristol and meet him at Surrey Rolling Road, Farnborough.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:51 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

The Greddy EMU does everything you would need, it controls injectors and ignition directly.
It is a bit quirky to work with though, but I've used it myself and don't think it's to much of a problem.
Compared to the AEM you still got the OEM reliability with perfect startup, CEL functions and no temp cluster problems etc.
If you are interested in buying one send me a pm

VAFC can not ad any fuel so you would also need an adjustable FPR and up the fuel pressure till it's overly rich everywhere.
Then you retract fuel until it's looks ok.
In reality the VAFC is only modifying the MAP signal so at the same time you are also changing the timing and this sometimes can be a concern.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:50 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You wont need a map adjustment for those mods, from a safety perspective.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sipha
After fitting my CAI, Berk HFC and Fujitsubo Full exhaust system. I'm concerned I I'm in need of a tune as my Air Fuel ratios will be out possibly to a detrimental level ?

I have a pre DBW car (2004) so will need a piggyback/Standalone ECU.

Which brings me to my first question: I know my best choice would be an AEM EMS S2 as this provides the most flexibilty etc but the cost is a limiting factor for me as Im working to a budget and need to consider the rolling road/tuning cost also.

What other options are available for me ? and how do they stack up ? I'm aware of Greddy Emanage and VAFC etc but i'm not sure how much adjustability they would provide compared to the AEM ?

My second question given that I'm based in Worcester, where is best for me to get something like an AEM or Greddy system tuned ? Does anyone know if Romain is still in business and willing to travel also ?

Appreciate any input guys, Thanks !
If you want information you can contact me via my website www.ajituning.co.uk
Old 06-27-2017, 09:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flanders
The Greddy EMU does everything you would need, it controls injectors and ignition directly.
It is a bit quirky to work with though, but I've used it myself and don't think it's to much of a problem.
Compared to the AEM you still got the OEM reliability with perfect startup, CEL functions and no temp cluster problems etc.
If you are interested in buying one send me a pm

VAFC can not ad any fuel so you would also need an adjustable FPR and up the fuel pressure till it's overly rich everywhere.
Then you retract fuel until it's looks ok.
In reality the VAFC is only modifying the MAP signal so at the same time you are also changing the timing and this sometimes can be a concern.
Thanks flanders, I may very well be intouch regarding the EMU, need to weigh up my best option first though.

Originally Posted by MB
You wont need a map adjustment for those mods, from a safety perspective.
That's good to know, thanks MB

Originally Posted by s2konroids
If you want information you can contact me via my website www.ajituning.co.uk
Thanks ! Whereabouts are you based, if I was to bring the car to yourselves ?

Simon.