UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Tuning by AJ

Old 08-02-2013, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuning by AJ

As some of you may know, i recently got hold of a tts supersport supercharger kit after months, possibly years of thinking about wether it was a good move or not. I didnt have the first clue about what was involved with the whole procedure but set about buying a few tools and getting stuck in with the install myself.
I must admit that i found it a little worrying at times after i'd stripped the engine bay of the standard intake, but with a few long evenings and a few hold ups after realising i didnt quite have the right tools at times, i got it fitted....in fact it was put on and taken off a few times due to several mistakes made!
Anyway, i decided after a bit of researching and bugging other members that i'd get the car mapped by AJ (s2konroids) as he was recommended to me and now in turn im posting this topic to do the same for all of you thinking about doing the same job.
AJ was brilliant from start to finish, he gave me suggestions on other parts i'd benefit from installing in order to make it perform better and safer.
The amount of effort and time he put into the job was more than impressive, he dedicated his evenings to getting it done right. We had one or two hiccups which slowed the process down, mainly due to my part. But once they were sorted out, the overall mapping went smoothly. And to say the end result is impressive would be a massive understatement, the car feels awesome, the power is smooth and the car is running perfect!
I dont think you would get this level of attention to detail anywhere else!
One of the main reasons i ended up giving the job to AJ was that you never know who to trust with your pride and joy, but i thought a fellow enthusiast with knowledge and passion for these cars would be the way to go. And i was not dissapointed!
AJ is a perfectionist, any little thing he wasnt quite happy with would be investigated and sorted straight away, he spent hours ironing out any little niggles in order to get the map as perfect as i'd hoped for!
This level of service is exactly what i wanted. Its not very often that your expectations are exceeded, but i think mine were.
So if you're wanting a remap, contact him, you wont regret it!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:16 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

How big are his guns?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

AJ mapped mine and to be fair I didn't know what to expect as I haven't done anything like this before.

I agree with all of Jay's comments above and would add that mine has been F/I now for nearly 12 months without a single issue.

I can't praise / thank AJ enough for all of the work that he put in to mapping my S - a massive from me!!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
How big are his guns?
I thought you knew??
Old 08-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Having been disapointed with how I've been treat and my cars been mapped my business ethos is simple - I treat customers the way i would expected to be treat as a customer.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case anyone else was wondering, my car was being mapped using a flashpro on a drive by wire model car. And he did the whole map from scratch, start to finish......
I heard his guns are a force to be reckoned with
Old 08-02-2013, 01:57 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice work Aj