UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Tyre Help

Old 10-18-2003, 09:29 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Tyre Help

Does anyone know if Bridgestone has recently restyled the Rear S-02s?

Mine recently fitted rears have a textured sidewall, do not say Potenza S-02s (Just Bridgestone S-02s) and critically, do not say 92W. They also are S02JZs not ES02JZs.

I reckon the tyre contact patch is 225mm, not 240mm.

I think I may have been sold a pup.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had a quick trot up to the garage, as I had 2 new rears last week. Mine are as the originals with all the proper marking, so something wrong there Nick.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to find what rating they have Nick. If you have an accident just now, your insurance company might get sticky.

Had 2 new rears fitted last month, and they're identical to the last one's.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:51 AM

Honpar, Thanks for that.

Norton Way Honda fitted mine on 6 October. It confirms what I thought.

Thanks, Iain, already had one of those on 25 last
I was straightening car/cleaning/polishing for the first time since, which is how I noticed something was wrong. The buggers also scratched the alloys while fitting tyres!

I had commented the rear seemed lighter, but put that down to the alignment check, as new S-02's do make the car seem floatier anyway.

Typical. Why does EVERYTHING involving garages turn into a fcukup in this country?

Actually, why does everything turn into a fcukup in this country, fullstop.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone

I am sorry to hear of such problems. The only sure way of getting things right is to put every instruction, order, or request in writing to the person, firm, or idiot you are doing business with. This way you have the best avenue of redress if things turn out wrong.

Do not be afraid of threatening legal action when things do go wrong. Cases in the Small Claims Division of the County Court are very cheap. you represent yourself, and if your case is worth while you will never lose (or should not anyway). I have used the SC Court on behalf of myself and I have also represented others as a "Lay Representative" and I haven't lost a case yet!

Treat every dealer, supplier, repairer as a crook and PUT IT IN WRITING making sure of course that there is only one interpretation of what you are saying, that way you should be clear of problems.

Old 10-18-2003, 01:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Nick Graves
Typical. Why does EVERYTHING involving garages turn into a fcukup in this country?
I can remember you saying how good you thought Norton Way were a couple of weeks ago...

Old 10-19-2003, 05:14 AM

Hi Steven,

To be honest, I thought they were very professional.

We shall see if that theory holds after my telephone call on Monday!

I would recommend that everyone go over their car with a magnifying glass after collecting it from a dealer, however long it takes.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:59 AM

Nick

After my blowout a few weeks ago I got a new S02 fitted - exactly the same as you described at the top of this thread. I questioned the dealer on it and was told that everything is the same except the lettering. Seems to be ok - but I'm interested in what is said to you on Monday!
Old 10-19-2003, 11:40 AM

Originally posted by trebor
Nick

After my blowout a few weeks ago I got a new S02 fitted - exactly the same as you described at the top of this thread. I questioned the dealer on it and was told that everything is the same except the lettering. Seems to be ok - but I'm interested in what is said to you on Monday!
Trebor, I'd double check on this, just doesn't sound right to me, especially the 92w not being there. Any doubts contact Bridgestone themselves with the tyre details. When I had a query they got back to me very quickly. Peace of mind if nothing else.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:25 AM
GSi

Sure they aren't Pole Positions... might be a silly question... but the PP have SO-2 is big letters and the Pole Position bit further around (although if you've had a close look then I guess you'd hvae noticed..) I had them on mine when I got it. Didn't realise until a couple of months of reading on here that they were slightly different in look, but very different in design.

Quick Reply: Tyre Help