UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

UK S2000 Owners Club???

Old 05-08-2002, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK S2000 Owners Club???

While on our dealer visit today, it became obvious to me that we would have had a lot more weight if we had said we were "representing the UK S2000 owners club with xxx members". For this reason alone, I think it might be worth instigating some kind of "club".

The guy we saw today did mention that Honda UK were pulling back from this kind of thing so maybe it is something we should be pushing at them. Certainly we dont want any less contact/information from Honda UK than we already (dont) get!!!

Does anyone have any ideas about how to go about this? Paul?

I'm guessing we need the following :

Members (Got!)
Logo (Got! Although something printable in B&W might be more useful, for headed paper & cards).
Club name (Trivial, but necessary)
Secretary etc (ie enthusiastic people)

Err, anything else? s2ki.com does pretty much everything else (events, information etc).

Id like to send some kind of letter to Honda UK to inform them of our "presence"!

Thoughts?

Keith
Old 05-08-2002, 09:34 AM

I'm game to enthusiastically help out with this Keith! If it means having a bona-fide club I can register for discounts on cleaning products I'm 100% behind it!
Old 05-08-2002, 09:36 AM
Ade

This is a good idea, (though I don't think I qualify for membership yet). It gives members a bit more clout when dealing with problems. Opportunities to attend events on the clubs behalf. Also the possbibility of being invited to events. Club discounts as well?
Old 05-08-2002, 09:38 AM

When I was young and silly and spent money on Porsche's being a member of the porsche club uk saved loadsa money at the dealers.
Old 05-08-2002, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Members (Got!)
Logo (Got! Although something printable in B&W might be more useful, for headed paper & cards)"

Club name = S2000 Owners' Club (what else could it be )
Secretary = Keith

"Err, anything else? s2ki.com does pretty much everything else (events, information etc)"

Correct

"Id like to send some kind of letter to Honda UK to inform them of our "presence"! Thoughts?"

Seems like all we need is you as secretary Keith?

To be honest we're 99% there already. All through the SuperMeet organisation I've been telling people I'm from the S2000 Owners' Club (seemed easier than saying, "I'm with a bunch of people who all own similar cars, hang out on the internet, and get together every few months )
Old 05-08-2002, 09:44 AM

OK I will vote for Keith
Old 05-08-2002, 09:53 AM

What's that link at the top of the page, organised by Paul then. Do I not see the words "UK", "S2000", "Owners" "club" and "members" in there
Old 05-08-2002, 10:03 AM

What's that link at the top of the page, organised by Paul then. Do I not see the words "UK", "S2000", "Owners" "club" and "members" in there
Yeah, and Im in the list but I just dont get any feeling of anything "official". Maybe Im missing something.....

Is the SuperMeet the first "UK S2000 Owners Club" official meeting???

Im not after any kind of exclusivity, just more confidence to say to a dealer (or cleaning product supplier!) that Im a member of the UK S2000 Owners club.

Oh, and the club membership list is broken - you cant get to the second page!

I should come clean and say that all I want is a badge
Old 05-08-2002, 10:58 AM

Originally posted by Tyringe
I should come clean

PS
As to the UK S2000 Owners' Club..... I've been telling everyone that I'm a member for four and a half months
Old 05-08-2002, 11:08 AM

Why not just make the badge/ letterhead templates and other such stuff, then for the members, put down all the 109 people in the UK Club member list.

I always thought that was the club anyway!!

Quick Reply: UK S2000 Owners Club???