UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

A very sad day. a long storey

Old 08-24-2007, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terrible. Should have been a write off in the first place, did it go to a Honda garage or the insurers approved repairer? If the later, then there's you answer as to why it was repaired.

I made sure mine went to an expensive Honda dealer in order to make the bill as large as possible.

Personally I think you should post the reg number, but I can understand if you don't want to. Some poor soul may end up buying that.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:36 AM

Sounds like a nightmare. I am surprised that it wasn't written off in the first instance.

I'm glad you rejected the car. The photos look shocking - and in the skin it must have been x10 worse, these kind of defects always look deminished in photos.

If I were you, I'd have a few beers tonight & set about looking for another perfect moonrock!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Rew

Originally Posted by Neil.H,Aug 24 2007, 08:28 AM
Terrible. Should have been a write off in the first place, did it go to a Honda garage or the insurers approved repairer? If the later, then there's you answer as to why it was repaired.

I made sure mine went to an expensive Honda dealer in order to make the bill as large as possible.

Personally I think you should post the reg number, but I can understand if you don't want to. Some poor soul may end up buying that.
I was under the impression that the bodyshop was Honda approved, I later found out it was not, they just follow the Honda specs to maintain warrenty. Car was taken away from me last year and went straight to Auction so it will be out there. Was not sure about the legal side of putting up someones reg plate online as I no longer owned it. The DVLA have it showing as coming up for tax this October so I am guessing it was bought around September 2006.

Not many moonrocks with full red knocking round I would have thought
Old 08-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Rew

Originally Posted by europa,Aug 24 2007, 08:36 AM
Sounds like a nightmare. I am surprised that it wasn't written off in the first instance.

I'm glad you rejected the car. The photos look shocking - and in the skin it must have been x10 worse, these kind of defects always look deminished in photos.

If I were you, I'd have a few beers tonight & set about looking for another perfect moonrock!!!
The car went last year. Just not brought myself to post it all up. Was a very stressfull 8 months that really put me off buying a car so expensive. bought a focus RS but sold it 6 weeks later, just been using the mini on sunny days and borrowed when it was raining. Finally got my act together and will start looking for a another one now. Will probably purchase after the summer though so save a bit of cash.

Really fancy another Moonrock with the full pimp red leather but fancy trying another colour out. Had Silverstone so got it down to either Berlina ( full red ), Nurb or my favourite choice of moment, New formula Red ( Beardie's fault for his car lookng so damn good )
Old 08-24-2007, 09:54 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Well done for not letting them all get away with treating you like a piece of shit.

If the car's so much longer at the RHS (add up all those oversize panel gaps!) the chassis must be a banana shape.

I think you should name & shame all involved; they deserve no more business.

If YOU repaired & put a car like that OTR, you'd be pilloried by them!

If I were the poor schmuck who bought it, I'd definitely take action against someone.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:03 AM

Pretty sorry situation all round, but well-done for sticking to your guns...even through all the stress.

I know it's not yours anymore, but given the state of the car it might well be worth flagging up the # plate - you're not breaking any laws by doing so, after all.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:44 AM

Received 246 Likes on 212 Posts

If it's all true, which I believe it to be, you have no reason to be concerned about posting the reg no. If i'd bought it I'd be blazing, but, if it was at auction they may not have much comeback.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:55 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Thing is, it's nost likely a trader who bought it at auction, very cheaply.

He's then knocked it out to some poor mug, who knows jack shit, at full price!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Rew

Originally Posted by martin j,Aug 24 2007, 10:44 AM
If it's all true, which I believe it to be, you have no reason to be concerned about posting the reg no. If i'd bought it I'd be blazing, but, if it was at auction they may not have much comeback.
I think the pics speak for themselves. I had two reports fom the the assessors confirming issues and an appology letter from the insurance company who were dealing with the accident repair centre directly.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When did you get rid of it?

Interesting story... I bought my Primera off a trader in South Wales in August 06 and when I said that I had an S2000, he said he'd just got a silver 05, but was going to "send it back" as it was obviously accident damaged and badly repaired, even though it wasn't listed as written off.

This was just somebody who sold the odd car and got rid of stuff the proper dealers got as p/x, you know the type. I think he was honest enough, certainly I've no complaints. Perhaps somebody had p/x'ed it for something else at a main dealer and they were trying to get rid of it. Hmmm.

Quick Reply: A very sad day. a long storey