UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

water gushing out ! arg !

Old 08-05-2001, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water gushing out ! arg !

Ok, just been to the garage for a late night fill up.

Accidentally pressed the headlight washer button as i clambered back inside Everything seemed fine.. continued to drive home... a little wet

Pulled up in my space, and open the door to see a trail of what seems like water behind me and a load of water leaking out from above the drivers side wheel onto the floor.

I panicked and quickly opened the bonnet to notice it was coming from the area of the water container... ( i hope it was water - it smelt like water ) It stopped after I had turned off the engine for 20 seconds.

What does it mean...?? It was too dark to really check anything, so I'll take another look in the morning.... I hope it was just a minor leak from the headlight washer tube or something... argg.. i hate it when stuff like this happens to me.
Old 08-06-2001, 10:09 AM

OK, turned the wheel full lock to the right.

Then with the help of a friend( thanks brian ) got a screw driver and took off the two screws by the lower wheel panel. Pulled back the cover to get at the washer container and the hose connecting the washer bottle to the front lights had popped off. I managed to put the hose back on, but Im not sure the hoseclip is back on tight enough. grrrr.. hope fully the water/screenwash wont damage or get into the paintwork too much.... ill wash it out with water later.

Im going to get it properly looked at when I go in for a service soon. But how could this just pop off...? I think im going to disconnect that damn front light washer anyhow.

Jon
Old 08-06-2001, 10:14 AM

These front washers are a pain in the bum, totally useless if you ask me.
Nobody ever uses them when their hoods are down because you risk a soaking and they ruin the look of the front of the car.
I set mine off once by mistake (with the roof down) and got soaked, the shiny paint finish was wrecked until I washed it again
Old 08-06-2001, 12:57 PM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Yup! Me too!

Sloane Street, hot day!

Bloody shocking & totally uncool
Old 08-07-2001, 03:06 AM

I went to B & Q to buy one of those oil filled radiators. It wouldn't fit in the boot so my son had to have it accross his lap in the passengers seat. Every time we went round a corner the box rocked and pressed the headlight washer button. We got soaked!
Old 08-07-2001, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The easiest answer I think is just pull the fuse. It's certainly not funny when you're wearing decent clobber
Old 08-07-2001, 09:34 AM

Cedric, your Avatar is making me tired just looking at it

Old 08-07-2001, 11:31 AM

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
These front washers are a pain in the bum, totally useless if you ask me.
Nobody ever uses them when their hoods are down because you risk a soaking and they ruin the look of the front of the car.
I did find a use for them. Pam took the p!ss about my getting lost and missing the road. Nice hot sunny day with the roof down. Pulled up. Pam stood up. Couldn't resist it

You'd only do it once though

But it was worth it.....
Old 08-07-2001, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
[B]Cedric, your Avatar is making me tired just looking at it
Old 08-07-2001, 10:32 PM
tnt

Cedric, Particularly at 7.15 in the morning.

I've had two instances with the washers. The first time was when I had the dog on my lap in the passenger seat (Trisha was driving - I let her sometimes ). I put the dog on the central console to get out of the car and her paw hit the button and off it went.

The other time my boss was in the car. We'd stopped at some traffic lights and I'd lent over to get something out of the storage bag and lent on the button. At first I thought it was a spot of rain Thankfully he saw the funny side ot it.

Quick Reply: water gushing out ! arg !