UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

What are my mods worth?...

Old 07-03-2015, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are my mods worth?...

So I've just joined the S2000 club and I could do with some advice please.

So firstly here's here's what I've bought...

[attachment=81804:image3.PNG]

[attachment=81803:image2.PNG]

[attachment=81805:image1.PNG]

I want to put my own mark on the car and want to make a few changes. Therefore I'm looking to sell the spoiler and the OZ Ultraleggera alloy wheels. I need some advice on what I may be able to sell these for?

I also have some original S2000 mats and the tonneau cover for sale.

Just in case is interested - I am going to use the money to purchase a BMW chop rear spoiler, an OEM style front lip and some 18" bronze Rota (not sure which yet) wheels.
Attached Thumbnails What are my mods worth?...-image2.png   What are my mods worth?...-image3.png   What are my mods worth?...-image1.png  
Old 07-03-2015, 06:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my eye on a set of those wheels for sale for eons on the forum (could well be that set) and the owner struggled to shift them for 1k - they wouldn't fit my car( I just liked the wheels for clarity).

I would encourage you to think twice about fitting the Rota's - not only will you look similar to a lot of other S's, but the wheels you have currently may be of higher quality.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Put the money towards some lowering springs - you could fist-f*ck those arch gaps

Lovely car though
Old 07-03-2015, 07:00 AM

Being 100% honest with you, those wheels with tyres are probably worth about £52. I'll take them, PM me.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:16 AM

Thanks for that C7 JFW I appreciate it - I get what you're saying but here's the thing - by selling the OZ wheels and switching to Rotas I was hoping I can free up money to buy the mods that I want. Any ideas on the spoiler?

Fatbloke - I totally agree. I've got my eye on the Eibach Prokit - but I'm a little apprehensive - my main reasons are 1) stiffness of ride 2) scraping over bumps and 3) concerns over resale price.

Haha japcrap - I appreciate your honesty.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, for the money you'd spend on Rota's, you could spend not a huge amount more and get some genuine wheels, i.e Enkei's or even a good used set of Rays off Yahoo Japan.

Not sure what the OZ's are worth to be fair, but i'd say they're a better quality wheel than Rota's ever will be.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:38 AM

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

£1 tops

Rotas you will be lucky if they have what you want or know what's coming in the next 6 months , book early for Christmas

I gave up and ordered Enkeis from the states , at least they have some idea to what they are expecting and when, where as Rota haven't a clue.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by sohailnisar
Haha japcrap - I appreciate your honesty.
No prob, there are a lot of vultures on this forum so watch out Being serious though, you could of done a lot worse for a set of aftermarket wheels to buy a car with. Maybe you could get them done in a different colour to put your touch on them? They aren't bad looking wheels really.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:37 AM

Thanks RobAp1/CHIPPO - I didn't realise Rota were so poorly rated. I guess I'll switch focus and look in to Enkeis instead.

Although if I'm going to struggles to get around £1k for mine and I'll spend the same on Enkeis....I guess I should just keep mine hmmmm.... And as you say japcrap - just get them powder coated.

Anyone interested in buying a spoiler?
Old 07-03-2015, 08:37 AM

I have a set of rotas in the loft... Rota fighters 17"

Are you looking to sell wheels and tyres or just wheels?

Quick Reply: What are my mods worth?...