UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

What's with all this Zaino business?

Old 08-08-2003, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's with all this Zaino business?

I use Zymol and it comes up a treat. A while ago when at Honda garage I was parked next to another SS which was zainoed according to the mechanic (the owner makes a point out of telling all about it apparently ) and you couldn't really tell the difference tbh.

Isn't zaino about 5 times the cost of zymol so what's the reasoning behind the stuff?

I'm open minded but it seems like you have to wash, dry, polish, wax, polish, wax, clay bar, jerk off, etc. every time it's applied.

I just wash with zymol shampoo then polish with zymol polish and that's it. I've had enough after that and it takes a good 2/3 hours.

someone please explain.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Old 08-08-2003, 05:03 AM

Originally posted by Dracoro
(the owner makes a point out of telling all about it apparently )

You don't say, Drac? I'd have never have guessed that, given some of the posts on here

I use Zymol too and have been entirely satisfied with it. I think it's just horses for courses - both are capable of very impressive results. Despite what CC, AB et al would have you believe, the finish with Zaino isn't THAT much better than that on a properly Zymoled car.

And that's all from me on this point. I postively refuse to be sucked back into this thread.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:08 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Turner
[B]
the finish with Zaino isn't THAT much better than that on a properly Zymoled car.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Turner
[B]

You don't say, Drac? I'd have never have guessed that, given some of the posts on here

I use Zymol too and have been entirely satisfied with it. I think it's just horses for courses - both are capable of very impressive results. Despite what CC, AB et al would have you believe, the finish with Zaino isn't THAT much better than that on a properly Zymoled car.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Dracoro

someone please explain.
Do you feel your car? Does it feel smooth? If it feels silky smooth when washed and you are happy with it then you need not change.

Here`s what I do:

Dry my lips on a 100% microfibre US of A sourced towel. If a single sheet of toilet tissue sticks to them, then they are not dry enough. Spray pressurised Evian onto my lips and dry again. This should suffice. Then, take a single Coolmint Listerine active oral care strip, place on tongue.

I then rub my dry lips upon each body panel. This must be done on your drive in full view of your neighbours. If there is any resistance, it needs claybarring and the subsequent 7 coats of random Zaino sh1t.

I ONLY jerk off on every other coat. I call that the ZS coat. Its makes me happy.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:13 AM

No difference?

My brother(19yr old lucky sod) uses Zymol....

Old 08-08-2003, 05:17 AM

Colin. You just need to sick your fingers in some cellophane and give it a rub FFS.

My ZYMOL finished MCB is smoother than glass.

And that
Old 08-08-2003, 05:19 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cheshire_carper
[B]

Do you feel your car? Does it feel smooth? If it feels silky smooth when washed and you are happy with it then you need not change.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:22 AM

Originally posted by Amuse Boy
No difference?
You're right - no difference - they're both too B L A C K

Quick Reply: What's with all this Zaino business?