UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Wheel Corrosion Warran

Old 08-26-2006, 06:31 AM
Eni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Corrosion Warran

I have noticed that 3 of my wheels are getting a few spots of the white corrosion on them. the 3 wheels a have couple of spots of kirbing but the corrsion is in places in the middle of the wheel where no kirbing has happened. Where do you think i stand on getting new wheels from honda?
Old 08-26-2006, 08:24 AM

How long is the warrenty for wheels ?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Crispy Rice,Aug 26 2006, 05:24 PM
How long is the warrenty for wheels ?
Same as for the rest of the car.

Best take the car to the dealers and get them to process a claim to Honda - they will need to take photos and then it is up to Honda.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:13 AM

I will soon be asking Honda for the same. I have all 4 centre caps and 3 actual wheels corroding. As you do, I have some kerbing but on two wheels with the corrosion it is in completely different places to the damage. I also have corrosion on a wheel with no damage at all.

I think Honda would find it difficult to blame the kerbing for corrosion elsewhere on the wheel. There have been a few posts about some dealers being awkward but as Davey says, it is up to Honda Uk based on the photographs sent to them by the dealer.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by wineboar,Aug 26 2006, 06:13 PM
I will soon be asking Honda for the same. I have all 4 centre caps and 3 actual wheels corroding. As you do, I have some kerbing but on two wheels with the corrosion it is in completely different places to the damage. I also have corrosion on a wheel with no damage at all.

I think Honda would find it difficult to blame the kerbing for corrosion elsewhere on the wheel. There have been a few posts about some dealers being awkward but as Davey says, it is up to Honda Uk based on the photographs sent to them by the dealer.
Trust me, I work in the dealers - we don't make the rules but I have been able to get corroded wheels replaced under warranty even though they have not only been kerbed but kerbed right round the rim.

I must say I reckon Honda are extremely good providing the car is still in warranty.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:29 AM

Good news
Old 08-26-2006, 09:47 AM

Let us know how you get on.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:13 AM
Eni

I'll try and get to the dealers this week and will let you know how i get on. Also I think all 4 caps have corrsion on them. Fingers crossed I can get them replaced. Warranty is up In Jan.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:34 AM

Just had Honda replace all 4 of my MY04 wheels under warantee. They took a few pics, sent em off and a week later book me in. No questions asked :-) (They also replaced both rear wheel splines and bearings due to the dreaded clicking!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This whole wheel thing is crap tbh.

Its been running for years - the same shit every year. You would think they would insist on greater lifespans.

Fit for purpose? It would appear not.

I drove a whole 9k in my car - it sat in the garage for 4 years(!) got wet about 5 times in my ownership time and I was on my third set.

They basically bubbled, when the car was dry and in the garage......rubbish.

They were the iffy 01 spec though - which seemed awful.

Quick Reply: Wheel Corrosion Warran