UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Wheel Hubs - goodwill

Old 11-11-2009, 02:52 AM
TRW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was thinking of doing that if its as bad as they say, bet its not quite as extreme as they make out though.

Fingers crossed the service wont cost much more than the standard price as I have already said no to new tyres, new pads and new windscreen wipers this morning. Also filled up the windscreen wash fluid to the max, but im sure they will try and squeeze a bit more in!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:21 AM
TRW

Car is back from the service. They are sending photos off to Honda, they sounded quite hopefuly although I suspect thats just to keep me happy for the moment.

Tyres are nowhere near what they say they were. I was told 1.6mm on the inner (and now outer as well they say), I measured them and they are at least 2.5mm on both shoulders, no way these tyres should be replaced. At least 90% of the tyre is above 4mm.

Wipers needed replacing, so I was told (as they were split). The split is about 1cm on one end of each of the wipers, again IMO no need to replace.

All in all they wanted me to agree to £537 of parts, none need doing and I certainly wont be getting them to do them.

Of course, they also added screenwash despite the fact that I overfilled it at the weekend. I hate garages.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:41 AM
jml

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TRW,Nov 12 2009, 01:21 PM
Wipers needed replacing, so I was told (as they were split). The split is about 1cm on one end of each of the wipers, again IMO no need to replace.

I hate garages.
1. Fortunately it doesn't often rain in the UK.

2. Nah , you just don't like spending money...
Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 AM
TRW

Being kind to the dealer I suppose if you look at it from the point of view of an owner who wont change wiper blades, tyres or brake pads between services and only has work done on the car at the specified intervals by the main dealer then they are advising what needs to be done to ensure the car is fine for the next year/9k miles.

For a lot of people who keep an eye on all these things on a reasonably regular basis then its all a little unnecessary.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:51 AM
TRW

Called back by the dealer just now (very prompt). Honda UK has declined my request because its 'outside the technical goodwill parameters'. Very helpful, to be expected though I guess!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:43 AM

Received 250 Likes on 215 Posts

I'd replace the wipers even if they are split a small amount, In fact I do them on an annual basis, they don't cost much as long as you don't buy from the stealers.
First frost could see them stick to the screen and rip possibly then marking the screen.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's a 4yr old car what did you expect?
Inner shoulder wear is perfectly normal.
If you have both shoulders worn and don't track the car I would say low tyre pressure is the cause.
Legally you only need the legal depth across the middle 75% of the width of the tyre tread.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:24 PM
TRW

Originally Posted by m1bjr,Nov 12 2009, 11:13 PM
It's a 4yr old car what did you expect?
Inner shoulder wear is perfectly normal.
If you have both shoulders worn and don't track the car I would say low tyre pressure is the cause.
Legally you only need the legal depth across the middle 75% of the width of the tyre tread.
Not really sure what the age of the car has to do with this.

The tyres are fine, it just winds me up when people feed you a load of BS.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by martin j,Nov 12 2009, 07:43 PM
I'd replace the wipers even if they are split a small amount, In fact I do them on an annual basis, they don't cost much as long as you don't buy from the stealers.

Tenner for a set at Euro Car Parts.

Must get some new ones for the Teg today
Old 11-13-2009, 12:11 AM
TRW

Cheers Mr Octopus, will check it out.

Just onto series 3 of TPB now, watching it from the beginning again!

Quick Reply: Wheel Hubs - goodwill