UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Why bother with a hard top ?

Old 05-23-2002, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the car in December.
Had the hardtop on Dec, Jan, Feb, March - thought it was great
It's a different car. IMHO the hardtop doesn't look like a bolt on - it's in tune with car's lines.
At the moment it's in its cover, sitting on its stand. There is so much cr** in my garage anyway - that the odd hardtop is neither here nor there.
Next winter I shall leave it hanging from the roof - on the off-chance of a clear day.
We don't get crisp snowy weather down here - just grey brown rain

But it would be a sad old world if we all had the same views....just don't try calling me a p****** to my face
Old 05-23-2002, 05:25 AM

Hey guys!

Its true! When I told the insurance company that the car would come with a hard top - they could only classify it under the GT model and my insurance went from being
Old 05-23-2002, 07:50 AM

Originally posted by NEED4SPEED

Poofter - I think not!
Say's the man putting eyelids on his S2k
Old 05-23-2002, 07:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NEED4SPEED
[B]And I do think the car looks amazing with the hardtop - so much more agressive!
Old 05-23-2002, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
All kidding aside, if I had to park the car outside at night, I'd have a hard top on it like a shot. For those that have to leave the car out, the glass heated rear window must a boon as well. The hard top does look great without a doubt, it's just that for me the aggro of storing the damned thing and not being able to drop the top in six seconds if the whim takes me defeats a lot of the purpose for which I bought it.

It's also fair to say that I hardly ever leave the car unattended in circumstances where I have to worry about security unduly. Sad isn't it?
I'm exactly the same way, no way am I going to take that kinda chance with my car. I've been keyed too many times to leave my car unattended for even more than half an hour in something like a supermarket car park. Better be safe than sorry.

TBC
Old 05-23-2002, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

no rain in the desert so no need for a hard top

lots of camels though......

Semi-seriously, perhaps we should have nicknames for the sub-group preferences. I thought pooftas was a bit strong for the hard top brigade and I couldn't possibly agree with such a non-PC expression - so how about wusses?!

Old 05-23-2002, 02:03 PM

I am one of da pooftaz referred to earlier by one esteamed commentator

While I agree that the hard roof does look great, the mild winters have made me somewhat regret buying it.

Any one coming to Ireland where the (red) hard tops are going at a fair price?

Think of it lads a red top on one of yer silver or black anonymities
Old 05-23-2002, 02:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NEED4SPEED
[B]Hey guys!

Its true! When I told the insurance company that the car would come with a hard top - they could only classify it under the GT model and my insurance went from being
Old 05-24-2002, 01:38 AM

Hey guys! I know I have the eyelids but that doesn't make me a poofter does it? or does it? Oh no - my S2k will be a transvestite! Noooooooooooooo!

But seriously speaking the car looks really aggressive with the airwalker eyelids! I don't think they look very cool on light coloured cars as you can clearly see the seam where the eyelids touches the bonnet. But on a darker (black) car it looks really menacing and amazing!

The insurance did fall when I told Admiral that the car came with a hardtop!

www.admiral.com

I'm 26 and have 0 ncb!

But the funny thing is that on their online quote there isn't an option for a GT model but when I called them they selected the option for me!
Old 05-24-2002, 01:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by NEED4SPEED
Hey guys! I know I have the eyelids but that doesn't make me a poofter does it? or does it? !
Just don't overdo the mascara!!

Quick Reply: Why bother with a hard top ?