UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Why No Ladies???

Old 08-08-2001, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vicky Butler-Henderson is supposed to have an S2000 as well.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Ronald
Vicky Butler-Henderson is supposed to have an S2000 as well.
Yes ..she has a red/black. If you type her name in your search engine you'll find pics and stuff You've got to admire a car critic who puts their money where their mouth is and actually buys the car.
Old 08-08-2001, 04:04 AM

My guess is that V B-H gets it below list

I seem to remember that she drove a Civic Jordan during her first year as a TG presenter.....

Still, I remember that she and Tiff compared the Boxster and the S2K and she preferred the S2K. I think the Boxster won because it had more luggage space! (There's a boot in the front too! Well Tiff squashed a bad around the spare - I'm sure the manual will say that you shouldn't do that.....)

Now VBH taking it to the red line would give a few people I know cause to see a doctor!
Old 08-08-2001, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SimonJackson

I like to think that this woman is a girl with a sense of style and adventure who likes and appreciates fast cars. Instead of all those hundreds of thousands of women who drive sensible, smal cars, and who grip the wheel like they are in a bear hug.

Sam.
Got it!!!!.... It's Lara Croft
Old 08-08-2001, 04:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by awinskill
My guess is that V B-H gets it below list

I seem to remember that she drove a Civic Jordan during her first year as a TG presenter.....

Still, I remember that she and Tiff compared the Boxster and the S2K and she preferred the S2K. I think the Boxster won because it had more luggage space! (There's a boot in the front too! Well Tiff squashed a bad around the spare - I'm sure the manual will say that you shouldn't do that.....)

Now VBH taking it to the red line would give a few people I know cause to see a doctor!
Oh I remember that well, what a piss-take, Honda was faster, won the best look vote, had the quickest roof and was cheaper, but lost because:

1) The wind deflector fitted to the Boxster (not fitted to S2000) made it less windy inside.
2) More luggage space in Boxster
3) bigger petrol tank (by 5 litres) means you could go further on a tank of fuel.

What a load of bollocks, for a two seat sports car????
Old 08-08-2001, 07:45 AM

Hi,

the topgear review is online at:
Topgear review

Reviews off other various (most German) magazines:
Reviews

UK Paul:
The Boxster may have a 5liter bigger tank, but it consumes more fuel so that will even the cars out on that item.
Old 08-08-2001, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by UK Paul

Oh I remember that well, what a piss-take, Honda was faster, won the best look vote, had the quickest roof and was cheaper, but lost because:

1) The wind deflector fitted to the Boxster (not fitted to S2000) made it less windy inside.
2) More luggage space in Boxster
3) bigger petrol tank (by 5 litres) means you could go further on a tank of fuel.

What a load of bollocks, for a two seat sports car????
I think it was the start of the decline of TG.....

I always remember Clarkson taking the ITR out for the first time. The best review he ever made. He just laughed his b*llocks off all the time. He had so much fun I had to get myself one!

I also remember VBH taking Kate Humble out in an ITR and Kate spinning it every time! VBH loved the ITR too...

Biggest shock was when the S2K was reviewed by TG against a TT and the TT won... HTF did that happen? Come back driven! I want to see Plato out in a S2K.... (Brother in law pulled up along side him on dual carrage way. Plato has a 911 Turbo with a plate P1ATO...).
Old 08-08-2001, 09:56 AM

It was on the radio today that Top Gear has been discontinued.
Pretty daft considering it is BBC2'S biggest rating programme.

I must admit I will not be missing their reports, they seem to miss the button a lot of the time.
Tiff Needell is a bit of a wally.....I'll never forgive him for nearly killing Nigel Mansell

Come back Clarkson all is forgiven

Driven is a refreshing change, hats off to Channel4.

V.B.H. is actually on her second S2000, she loves the car as much as we do
Old 08-08-2001, 10:27 AM

maybe it's my latin (greek-italian-french) side, but I often find myself resting my elbow on the (too high BTW) window....
Sometimes I even commit the crime of leaning my whole arm out of the car!!!

Old 08-08-2001, 10:30 AM

Originally posted by le car
maybe it's my latin (greek-italian-french) side, but I often find myself resting my elbow on the (too high BTW) window....
Sometimes I even commit the crime of leaning my whole arm out of the car!!!

My elbow often finds its way through the window opening.
The whole arm is a big NO NO though

If it's comfortable, whats the problem

Quick Reply: Why No Ladies???