UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Windscreen washer jets

Old 12-30-2012, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windscreen washer jets

Hi,

I have a problem with the jets for the windscreen whereby when I try to spray water onto the windscreen nothing comes through.

After reading a couple of posts and removing the rubber pipes, I tested them and they were fine.

The y connector also looks fine and with all the pipes removed I tried to spray the water and nothing suggesting water isn't even reaching first pipe but seems very strange as the headlight washer jets work fine.

Anyone have any ideas or know anyone I could go to?

Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 06:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Fluid in the tank? Haha I'd assume yes. Do you hear the pump motor when you go to spray them? All lines connected going into the reservoir? I know the connector by the good hinge can come off sometimes if you haven't checked that.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 AM

Yes fluid in tank (assume headlight washer jets dont have separate tank and they work fine)

I think there was a slight noise from the pump but will try and check tomorrow/Tuesday because that is what led me to believe potentially the y connector but no such luck.

If I can hear the pump any other suggestions? Where are the pumps located? Is it easy to check/access?

Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
I know the connector by the good hinge can come off sometimes if you haven't checked that.
Where/what do you mean? Not sure about where this connector would be
Old 12-30-2012, 06:51 AM

Open the bonnet, to the left near the hinge for the bonnet is a flexible rubber pipe that can pop off.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Scottland
Open the bonnet, to the left near the hinge for the bonnet is a flexible rubber pipe that can pop off.
Oh that one is fine as disconnected all from There up however when i try to squirt the water no fluids cpming out of that pipe when all disconnected
Old 12-30-2012, 10:09 AM

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

One tank with 2 pumps, one for the screen , one for the head lights .

The screen ones do fail and cost a packet from Honda , its buried in the bottom of the tank behind the arch liner in the offside wheel arch.

I believe some people have had success with an aftermarket or Pug pump.

Also that small pipe can get creased/folded where its goes up onto the bonnet and can stop the flow.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:09 PM
MI5

I will tell you exactly what it is. Just before each jet outlet there is an inline non-return valve. These are for ever seizing up on the flow side with the ball bearing inside them becoming loose and blocking the outlet.
Easiest way to check is to remove the inline valve and put a straight through connector. If the water then comes out the jet when operated you have your cause.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:13 PM

Thanks MI5 and CHIPPO.

I need to try and get behind the arch to have a look but will wait for weather to be a bit better than it is currently. Good thing it isn't my main car otgerwise with the screen wash It could be problematic.

@MI5 - I have removed all the pipes and left on the one coming from wing around hinge of bonnet and when you pull stalk for spray there is nothing and therefore looks like pump rather then valve as fluid is not even reachibg that far.

Thanks again guys
Old 12-30-2012, 12:36 PM

I had the same problem but I balked at £95 Honda wanted for a new pump - £6.00 off fleabay for a new pump will sort you out.

Quick Reply: Windscreen washer jets