UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Wow!!

Old 09-17-2001, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow!!

Just got the Best Motoring video from the states (BTW not recommended, 20USD video, 19USD postage and then a further 15UKP customes bill totaling about 45UKP )

Anyway I feel well cheered up now, I've just watch the Jap driver throw our car round the Nurburgring like a complete nutcase. I didn't realise just how fast our car was in the right hands, this guy was passing everyhing on the track including bikes, at one point he was right behind a heavilly modded 911 and closing on him, he said he thought the car was as fast if not faster round the track than the NSX and NSX type S (not the type R).

After watching this I just cant wait for my next track day, I think I was far too apprehensive on my last track visit, having now seen what the car is capable of I'm ready to try again with a bit more confidence and belief in the car.

If you get the opportunity its a video that you should watch (but perhaps not buy )
Old 09-17-2001, 10:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone got a tiny portably TV/Video for the meet?

The thing that sealed my decision to change from ITR to S2000 was seeing the fun, and improvement Andy Winskil and Pam had at the track day.

I love the feeling when you think you've got a corner right. I'm sure the S2000 is going to keep challenging me.

Have fun on your next track day , but if you're pushing it, maybe an airfield and not somewhere like the Nurburgring

That said, just imagine a S2000 convoy trip to and round the Nurburgring. I love Spa as well and I know the Europeans are going there.

-Brian.
Old 09-18-2001, 12:15 AM

Bentwaters..... Have I said that before?
Old 09-18-2001, 03:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by awinskill
Bentwaters..... Have I said that before?
Yes, Bentwaters, famous for the sight of spinning S2000

Come on, doesn't the prospect of driving one of the great tracks excite?

And yes, I'm going back to Bentwaters. 'Balls' tracks are great, but I like the idea of run off!

-Brian.
Old 09-18-2001, 04:16 AM

I've only ever been to Oulton Park but it was fantastic and i note that easytrack says its their favourtie track, considering they also do Brands Hatch, Castle Coombe, Donnington, etc then I think i'll stick with Oulton as all others may dissapoint. Its also quite convenient being only 20 miles away and I am bow familiar with it.

I'd like to do an Airfield day so that I can push the car to and beyond its limits without fear of causing serious damage.

The nurburgring would be fantastic but I saw one point on the video where the car came over the top of a hill and took off, when the rears reconnected there was quite a tail twitch which I suspect would have caught out many an amateur. Looks a fantastic track though, BTW how long is it, I reckon the guys average speed was about 90 so say he took 10 minutes (probably took a little less) then thats 90/(10/60) about 15 miles, bloody LONG track.
Old 09-18-2001, 04:27 AM

The problem with a long track is that it is very difficult to remember what the circuit is.....

I've been round Combe in the S2000. It's not very wide in parts and the armco looks menacing.

After a two different airfield's I'd definately recomend Bentwaters. It's more like a track than a field. OK there's no altitude changes but it's far more than the usual circle. Relatively easy on tyres but does need a firm braking. I'll be swapping my fluid to DOT 5 before my next day....
Old 09-18-2001, 04:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't reccomend Bedford, Palmer sports track high enough, been 3 times from Newcastle, very fast but with some tight corners, huge run-off areas and lovely smoothe surface, thought you guys from the south would have given it a go.
Old 09-18-2001, 05:11 AM

There don't seem to be many track day companies organising for it. Last time I saw it advertised was by Don Palmer and he wanted
Old 09-18-2001, 05:25 AM

I suspect Paul uses Autocar who publish a track day calender in their magazine, I bought this weeks as I thought it was the one with the time trials at Bedford which Paul took part in, however it wasn't it was an article about track cars round Rockingham and sadly they didn't include the S2000, in fact I dont think there is anything about the S2000 in this weeks except a picture above the track day calendar.
Old 09-18-2001, 06:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by awinskill
[B]There don't seem to be many track day companies organising for it. Last time I saw it advertised was by Don Palmer and he wanted

Quick Reply: Wow!!