UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Zaino available in UK!

Old 12-06-2001, 06:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Zaino available in UK!

I guess most people who wander these boards have heard of the Zaino cleaning / polishing system - it has many fervent followers in the US, but I was unaware of a supplier in Europe - until now!

Sal Zaino gave me this web site address

http://www.viper-lifestyle.de/indexengl.html

and the email adress for Dr. Alexander Terzic (who runs the business, speaks great English, and has been very helpful to me) : alexander.terzic@t-online.de

So if you are interested have a browse, or drop him a line (no, I am not on commission!)

I have a full range of Zaino stuff but have not yet found time to apply it (so I cannot comment on how good or bad it is) - the cure times required for some of the stages are very long in the cool, damp UK autumn, however they have introduced a new product Z-FX which you mix with the polishes etc. and it reduced cure times to nearly nothing! (hence me contacting Sal Zaino about a European supplier).
Old 12-06-2001, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip Ian!

I'm itching to give this stuff a try and see if it works as good on Silverstone cars as it does to give the splendid results on Black & Red ones.

(Then I'll kick myself for the rather large sums I've spent on Zymol.....)
Old 12-06-2001, 06:25 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red

I'm itching to give this stuff a try and see if it works as good on Silverstone cars as it does to give the splendid results on Black & Red ones.
Ha, no stopping me now I've found that niffty little 'quote button!'

Yes I cant wait to get it on the car, but I want to 'do it right' - claybar and all that good stuff - its so frustrating seeing all the bottles line up in the garage, but not being able to use it
Old 12-06-2001, 06:30 AM

I know what you mean - this weather makes good car cleaning a real pain One good thing about Zymol is that you don't have to let it dry or cure just wax on - wax off Great for winter use...

I am now on a mission to find some "Bath size 100% Made in USA White Cotton towels".... who's next on the board to head out to the USA??
Old 12-06-2001, 09:09 AM

I shall get some once my Autoglymn supply has been exhausted.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by ianl
I guess most people who wander these boards have heard of the Zaino cleaning / polishing system - it has many fervent followers in the US, but I was unaware of a supplier in Europe - until now!

Sal Zaino gave me this web site address

http://www.viper-lifestyle.de/indexengl.html

and the email adress for Dr. Alexander Terzic (who runs the business, speaks great English, and has been very helpful to me) : alexander.terzic@t-online.de

Just one problem - in my experience he charges much more than buying it from Sal direct - check the prices!
Old 12-06-2001, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
I shall get some once my Autoglymn supply has been exhausted.
Ah, late 2007 then!
Old 12-06-2001, 01:33 PM

I was given some Claybar ages ago, but Im not sure when/how to use it....

Is it wash with water, claybar, wax then polish.... ? or just water, claybar, polish ?

Help

Yes I cant wait to get it on the car, but I want to 'do it right' - claybar and all that good stuff - its so frustrating seeing all the bottles line up in the garage, but not being able to use it
Old 12-06-2001, 01:42 PM

If I remember correctly -
The claybar strips off all the crappy bits stuck into the paintwork (as well as the wax itself). So wash and dry the car thoroughly, then use the clay bar, remembering to use plenty of the lubricant, you don't want the clay to stick, then wax the car afterwards as the clay will have taken off the protection layer of wax also.

Good luck, I have gotta sort mine out, the back of the car (exhaust and aerodynamics playing there part I guess) in particular is feeling pretty crappy now.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:42 PM

Ah, late 2007 then!

LOL, possibly. I am using them on two cars though.

Quick Reply: Zaino available in UK!