UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 2000 Silverstone/Red -

Old 07-08-2007, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2000 Silverstone/Red -

2000 (V) Honda S2000 in Silverstone Metallic with Red Leather interior.... with probably the best number plate you could have on an S2000 (in my opinion) "S200 OCU". I may consider selling the plate seperately, so if you're interested then please feel free to e-mail me with an offer.

The mileage is 56,000 miles and the car has a Full Honda Service History. It is an official UK car and therefore the standard spec, which I won't repeat here as I'm sure you know it. I have fitted an Alpine CD/MP3 Player with the interface which enables the Honda dash controls still to be used and also some upgraded Alpine speakers which replaced the standard speakers. Apart from that, the only other modification is a K&N FIPK (Induction Kit) which I believe gives a slight increase in power and throttle response, but the main advantage is the sound! However, if this isn't your style then I still have the standard air-box, and the cassette player too for that matter!

The car has just had its major 54,000 mile service (this is the biggest service which includes new platinum spark plugs) in June. It had new rear tyres in May '07 (6mm tread remaining) and the front tyres still have 5mm tread remaining - all the correct Bridgestone Potenza S02 JZ's. It has just been MOT'd which expires on June 18th 2008 and I have also just taxed it for 6 months (expires December '07). So this car needs no money spending on it for a while! I will also mention that the clutch was replaced in June 2005 (45,000 miles) by Honda, as when I got it serviced back then they found a fault with it so replaced it under the extended Honda warranty I had at the time, along with new front brake discs and pads, total cost would have been in excess of
Old 07-08-2007, 08:32 AM

Very very nice, if only it had been a month sooner for me as i have just bought one virtually identical. Good luck with the sale.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:45 PM

Cheers mate, and all the best with your new S, it's a great car - you're gonna love it!
Old 07-09-2007, 09:13 AM

Good luck on the sale but I think I have the best number plate, in my opinion

Old 07-12-2007, 01:25 PM

Hmmm, nice plate...... we'll call it a draw!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:59 AM

Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting back to me. Story at this stage is that I'll be wanting to get someone to check the car out before travelling across. Am more than happy to pay what was agreed assuming there's nothing too major on the HPI/RAC-style checks.

I've had a search for old posts on the RAC-style checks and saw this one mentioned:

http://www.usedcarchecks.co.uk/

Assuming that and the HPI are clear - I'll be on the first flight over. Only issue with this is that it would involve you taking the car to a local dealer. If you're ok to do this, I'll put the wheels in motion, pay them and we can take it from there. Bristol seems to be slightly cheaper to fly into from here depending on the day I'd go. Not gonna worry too much about the ferry back for the moment. A drive through Wales sounds like a nice way to spend a day with the new S anyway.

Let me know what you think. I've reopened another thread on these checks. As I say on that, peace of mind is pretty important to me with this. After a few of the horror stories that I've read about what cars people were buying from dealers, not alone privately, I said I'd better get it looked at.

Later...
Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 PM

Hey,

I got no problem with an inspection, providing its not too far away - probably best to check this first, as stated above I'm in Wellington in Somerset, if you could let me know where I'd have to take it? As mentioned before the car is HPI clear (but realise you'll want to check this out) and I should hope its mechanically sound as its MOT and service was less than a month ago!

My only concern is putting the plate on retention as you don't want this. I'm hoping the DVLA should be able to do this fairly quickly but don't really want to request this until the deal is signed and sealed as I believe it costs
Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 AM

Hi Dan,

I'll find out what the story is with that inspection. Hopefully there'll be one close by. No problem at all with the deposit - as I say, if the inspection is clear, I'll be across as soon as I can.

I'll check it out today and get back to you.

Have a good one...
Old 07-17-2007, 12:30 AM

Hi Dan,

Here are the list of garages in and around Wellington from the usedcarchecks site. Let me know which one suits best and I'll start things off:

Bulford Garage - Station Road, Wellington
MVR - Unit 6 Foxmoor Nurseries, Haywards Lane, Wellington
South West Motors - Cornishway, North Taunton
K&R Auto Services - Unit 2 Cook Way, Bindon Rd, Taunton
Mount Street Garage - Mount St, Bishops Lydeard, Taunton

Later...
Old 07-22-2007, 01:07 PM

No I have the best number plate!!!

Quick Reply: FS: 2000 Silverstone/Red -