Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts
Default FS: My Signum Elite

2006 Vauxhall Signum for sale
Metallic black/charcoal leather
1.9 CDTi Elite Automatic 150bhp model – top of the range spec

General

Two owners from new (including me).
Current mileage only 59900 – will increase as the car is in daily use.
Next service not due until June 2013/75,000 miles.
Road Tax (band J £250pa) expires 30 September 2012.
First registered May 2006 (VK06).
All keys and manuals present, together with the V5.

Insurance group 22.

HPI clear and finance free. No accident damage.

Elite is the highest Vauxhall spec so the car has an extensive equipment list including:
  • Full charcoal leather
  • Six speed semi-automatic gearbox
  • Tinted glass with rear factory privacy glass
  • Heated front seats
  • Cruise
  • Factory satnav/trip computer/bluetooth
  • Dual zone climate control
  • Auto lights on/off
  • Auto dim mirror
  • Xenons
  • Adaptive forward lighting
  • Headlamp washers
  • High spec oem stereo with steering wheel controls for stereo and phone
  • All electric windows
  • Heated electric mirrors
  • Multiple airbags

Cosmetic condition

No rust anywhere that I can detect. The car has one small ding on the top of the tailgate. Flanks are dent free. A few scuffs and scratches to the front and rear bumpers. There is stone chipping to the front bumper commensurate with mileage. Touched in scratch on rear door. The photos accurately reflect the condition of the car. It needs a retaining clip on the rear bumper which I will try and replace before sale. I am not a detailer, the car cleans up well and could no doubt look even better if you wanted it to. I will touch in any stone chips before sale but the car comes with a Vauxhall touch up kit.

The leather is undamaged. No nasty scratches or damage to the interior. There are just a few small marks that you’d expect around the loading area. Factory interior mats are fitted. There is very little wear and tear, not least because the car is usually only occupied by the driver.

Dog and smoke free vehicle.

Mechanical condition

MOT until May 2013. One minor advisory in May 2012 – twisted brake hose now fixed.

I was told the front discs are nearing replacement and a Vauxhall pack containing new front discs and pads will be supplied with the car (worth £100 or so).

Service history is a mix of Vauxhall (4) and independent (2). The last two services were done by the local Vauxhall main agent and paid for by me. New Bilstein dampers and a new alternator have been fitted in the last twelve months. A new fuel filter was fitted just after I purchased the car.

There are only minor marks on the 17” alloys. Tyres - 3 x Goodyear NCT tyres around 3/4mm. 1 x Admiral around 6mm. The car has a spacesaver spare which is pretty much as new. Geo was done a year ago and everything in spec.

Every last piece of equipment works, there are no rattles, squeaks or worrying noises and the car is sold with no hidden faults.

Everything I know about the car is stated in the ad and if anything develops between now and a viewing it will be disclosed. It has let me down only once in my ownership when the alternator failed (now replaced). It starts and runs perfectly in all weathers.

Driving

The car is great for eating up motorway miles and pointless as a town hack. It’s at its best on motorways and dual carriageways where it’s smooth and comfortable. Ideal cruising speed is 70-80 where it will deliver 45mpg. Overall you are looking at 40mpg which is good for a big bus like this. Plenty of overtaking punch and will give a range of over 500 miles on a full tank. It’s a comfortable place to be with all the toys and good economy. Automatic makes it a relaxing drive. It has various cubby holes and other storage spaces, cup holders in the rear, etc.

It’s classed as a hatchback but it’s more like an estate. The rear seats fold independently or together, in combination with the centre armrest, to give a very large partial or full flat load space. It’s designed as a four-seater, although the rear centre armrest does can be used as an occasional fifth seat and five belts are provided. The rear seats also recline/slide as well as folding flat (quite a natty mechanism) so the rear space is a comfortable place to be for passengers.

Reason for selling

I only buy cars based on what I need. I have owned the car since May 2011 when I needed a cruiser to do 25,000 miles in twelve months. That has now happened, I no longer need to do the mileage and the roads I will be using in the immediate future will be minor A and B roads.

Any inspection/test welcome.

Car is located near Chichester, West Sussex. Happy to meet anywhere within a reasonable distance.

Priced to sell at £4250. No part ex thanks.

No comments on the thread please but feel free to ask questions or pm me.

I will add some interior photos and confirm various dates and numbers provided later, when I have checked the paperwork.

[attachment=23725:ns side.jpg]
[attachment=23726:front quarters.jpg]
[attachment=23727:front three quarters.jpg]
[attachment=23722:nearside rear quarter.jpg]
[attachment=23723:rear quarters os.jpg]
[attachment=23766:SAM_1934.JPG]
[attachment=23767:SAM_1935.JPG]
[attachment=23768:SAM_1938.JPG]
[attachment=23769:SAM_1941.JPG]
[attachment=23760:SAM_1925.JPG]
[attachment=23761:SAM_1927.JPG]
[attachment=23762:SAM_1930.JPG]
[attachment=23763:SAM_1931.JPG]
[attachment=23764:SAM_1932.JPG]
[attachment=23765:SAM_1933.JPG]
Attached Thumbnails FS: My Signum Elite-nearside-rear-quarter.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-rear-quarters-os.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-ns-side.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-front-quarters.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-front-three-quarters.jpg  

FS: My Signum Elite-sam_1925.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-sam_1927.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-sam_1930.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-sam_1931.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-sam_1932.jpg  

FS: My Signum Elite-sam_1933.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-sam_1934.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-sam_1935.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-sam_1938.jpg   FS: My Signum Elite-sam_1941.jpg  

Old 07-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Interior pics added.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Banned

provisionally sold