UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: S2000 (2001) MCB

Old 08-28-2013, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: S2000 (2001) MCB

After much deliberation I have decided to sell my S2000, purely because I struggle to find time to use it, a sad state of affairs which is unlikely to change for a good while. At this stage, I am gauging interest in the car. If it doesn't sell, I'll garage it and sell it in the spring, or more than likely miss it so much during winter hibernation that I'll keep it!

So, the car is a Monte Carlo Blue 2001 / Y Reg UK car with c. 85k on the clock backed up with a full service history and old MOTs (the car will be used so mileage will increase). The car will come with a private plate.

I bought it from a lady (who was also a member on here) who bought it from Honda as an approved car in 2004 and sold it to me in Feb 2012. The car was serviced according to schedule (annually) by Honda dealers throughout her ownership and was maintained well as the service history below shows. It's worth bearing in mind that the early service history doesn't look like the recommended schedule was followed, however when you look at the history book it does look like the Honda salesman has filled it in himself to point of sale possibly due to a lost service book . This didn't bother me much when I bought the car, I figure that a complete recent history is more relevant than early years. Also, I can't imagine many people invalidating their warranty so treat the book as it is with a dose of scepticism.

Since owning the car I have systematically upgraded the car to get it into a very good state of mechanical condition, with the common issues with these cars addressed, in particular the seized bush problem, the binding brakes and the age related jobs which often get overlooked! In addition, the car will come with a list of sensible mods included which together will save a new owner plenty of money. Finally, all fluids and service parts / maintenance requirements have been addressed / changed in my ownership except the pollen filter and the aux belt. The car hasn't been used in Winter since I've owned it.

MOT expiry: May '14
Tax expiry: Feb '14
3 previous owners
HPI clear
All tax discs since 2004

Service history / modifications (receipts held unless stated):

- August '13 - HKS silent catback dual exhaust (to be fitted) bought used from the s2ki forum - £350

- July '13 - Larger wind deflector fitted bought from Kim on here for £60ish

- June '13 - Changed both lambda sensors (used low mileage items£30)

- June '13 - Resonated decat fitted (bought used from forum - £50)

- June '13 - Ultra racing 6 point front brace, no receipt but eBay suggests £200+

- June '13 - Changed plugs to Honda recommended items

- May '13 - Copy Cusco upper brace bought used from s2ki forum - £25

- April '13 - New rear tyres (Bridgestone RE050A) - £250

- April '13 - OEM 16" Alloys powder coated in anthracite April '13 - cost £289

- April '13 - Changed battery with OEM unit (bought from s2ki forum - £50

- March '13 - Service at 83000 miles performed by DMS - £2296

Powerflex kit supply and fit
Coilover fitting
Refurbed caliper fitting (x4)
Brake and clutch fluid
Service
Valve clearance
Droplinks

- March '13 - Genuine Wiper blades - £12

- March '13 - Map Sensor - £30

- March '13 - S2k mats in black, four piece so protect the fragile carpet area

- February '13 - Adjustable GAZ coilovers fitted in Mar '13 - Used coilovers bought from S2ki for £350, written confirmation as tested and signed off at my purchase by the Gaz factory

- February '13 - Brake parts from Lings (spring pad and retainer) - £31

- January '13 - Braided brake lines - £69

- January '13 - Changed coolant (Honda recommended coolant) - £28

- January '13 - Soft top mounting brackets (used) - £40

- January '13 - Bigg Red caliper repair kit - £64

- January '13 - New rear caliper piston - £50

- January '13 - Full black interior replaced with one from a 2003 car, very little bolster wear and upgraded door cards with additional storage and very good rip free carpet in black. Bought on the s2ki forum for £350

- December '12 OEM CD player to replace cassette head unit used, £40

- Dec '13 - OEM Gun metal / graphite radio cover £35

- June '12 - DMS service - £218

Oil service
Diff oil
Gearbox oil

- May '12 - Billman TCT £125 (ish)

- May '12 - K&N FIPK kit bought used from eBay £200

- Dec '11 - New front tyres (Bridgestone RE050A) - £152

- Jun '11 - Honda service at 76008 miles - £200

- Jun '11 - 76169 miles - Rear discs pads - £324

- May '10 - Replacement monsoon hood - £725

- May '10 - Replacement front discs pads - £213

- April '10 Honda service at 69795 miles - £258

- May '09 Honda Service at 64479 miles - £250

- May '08 - Honda service at 59821 miles - £302

- May '07 - Honda service at 54473 miles - £249

- April '06 - Honda service at 48636 miles (stamp only 54K service)

- April '05 - Honda service at 43145 miles (stamp only 45k service)

- June '04 - Honda service at 37418 miles (stamp only)

- June '03 - Honda service at 34402 miles (stamp only)

- June '02 - Honda service at 17201 miles (stamp only)

Areas needing improvement:

Paintwork has swirls, scuffs, scratches and some minor car park dings in line with a 12 year old car.

The car has received paint in the past. This was for cosmetic reasons but the quality of paint isn't perfect. The particular area that stood out was a 'dry' looking bonnet finish but this has responded well to da polishing and is looking good but still not perfect.

Slight flaking of paint on cam cover, but much better than most

Small patch of rust at the bottom of the driver's side rear arch. This has been treated to prevent further ingress but will need further work to correct fully.

Small bubble of corrosion on front of bonnet (where they all go)

Only one key fob (this might change if I get round to buying a new one)

The suspension set up is very nicely for fast road use IMO, nice and pointy but not snappy / oversteery. If I am picky, the only issues are a slight knock from the rear suspension, diagnosed as the spring touching the damper. Apparently this a known 'feature' of Gaz coilovers but not a problem beyond a slight annoyance! There is also a slight judder when pulling away from standstill uphill. Diagnosed as needing driveshaft spacers, there is no problem when on the move.

Price for car including FIPK and HKS exhaust: £5300, £5000 without. This price is for forum members and it will be advertised elsewhere for more.

I hope you agree that I've been fully open about the condition of the car and it represents good value for money.

Please get in touch if you're interested the asking price, but bear in mind I'm in no rush to sell and so won't be interested in low offers. Also, at this stage I won't be taking any mods off the car, so please don't ask

Happy to listen to constructive feedback about price too.

Car is based in South Essex and available for viewings. I will need to see evidence of fully comp insurance for the car before letting you drive but will gladly take you for a test.

Full pictures to follow by the weekend, but have attached a couple to indicate what you're looking at

Cheers all.

Pete

Old 08-28-2013, 04:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a lot of car for the money. I'd be very tempted if I didn't have one already.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by marketappeal
That's a lot of car for the money. I'd be very tempted if I didn't have one already.
Thanks for the feedback. Price feels right for the condition and money spent. Hopefully it'll attract an enthusiast owner.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:10 PM

I have added some more photos. Still not the best as I ran out of time with the light!

I also have a short video available of the car starting and running which I can send over.

There's a shot of the rust on the arch too, as you can see, not much there but needs sorting.

Cheers

Pete
Old 09-25-2013, 11:44 AM

Change of plan, I'm going to keep it and make sure I use it regularly from now on.

Apologies to the chap who called earlier on wanting it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free