UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

GB: Izzy's Hardtop Brackets

Old 11-22-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GB: Izzy's Hardtop Brackets

NO MORE NEWCOMERS...SORRY FOLKS

This GB is for a pair of 'street' hardtop rear securing brackets (depicted to the left of the photo):

http://www.izzyscustomcages.com/S200...pBrackets.html

This GB is now officially under way

Payment Link: http://www.izzyscustomcages.com/S200...ackets_UK.html

Instead of purchasing the ludicrously expensive Honda catches, you can fit these instead. No modification is required to the car whatsoever; the only modification required on the hardtop is to remove the two internal panels (they pull off) and remove the spiked plates, as seen here (bolts labelled 'I):

Once the new brackets are bolted in place on both the car and the hardtop, the internal panels can then be re-fitted

Price: $98.50 (~£63) + shipping to me (£unknown) + import tax (£unknown) + shipping from me to you (~ £8. No, we can't have them sent directly to your address) Bolts are not included...you can buy these from eBay (four M8x1.25 & eight M6x1... ~15mm long, you may be able to reuse some of the bolts that secure the OEM spike brackets)

Numbers Required: 5. There is currently 1 set available...they are making more.

Payment Method: I get sent the total and inform participants. You then pay the seller directly (details to follow). They ship the items to me once everyone has paid, and I get the import tax invoice. I let everyone know how much it is for each person, and you pay me the ~£8 for postage to your UK address, and your share of the import tax. I send you the brackets along with a copy of the import tax invoice.

Pictures: No, I don't have pictures of the street brackets attached to an S...I am in the process of getting this.

Adjustment: I have yet to get clarification that the holes in the upper part of the bracket are large enough to permit this (this is how the OEM configuration is adjusted). If they do not allow this, get a dremel/drill and make them wider. There are no known fitment issues thus far

Heated Rear Window: This will connect in the normal manner. You will need to purchase the relevant wiring/switch/relay as per normal if your S was never a GT. If you have questions about this, please search for the relevant threads and not discuss here.

Soft top interlock: You will still be able to try and put the roof up whilst the hardtop is on; there is no interlock on these brackets as per the OEM catches. If you cannot comprehend that this is not a necessity, then may I suggest you take a long walk off a very tall cliff.

If you have any requests for the seller, please send them to me so that I can pass them on. That way, I can collate requests for info and send them in one fell swoop, rather than inundating the guy with loads of separate emails.

1. loftust
Old 11-22-2011, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can i get the race brackets at a better price? I never have the soft top in.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:20 AM

The race brackets are $59 (~£38) + shipping to me + import tax + shipping from me to you.

I doubt they'll mind if one set is for the race version
Old 11-22-2011, 11:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Definitely interested but not a certain. So just to get this straight, i have hardtop and no hardtop fitting kit, this kit will replace the need for the honda one and therefore all i need to fit an OEM hardtop?

Any ideas on timeframes?

Import duty is proportional to the cost of item, if we are clever about it we can pay less customs charge - the old gift method is no good as its max £40 and no insurance, but i digress.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:27 AM

Timeframe - unable to say. They are making more, and if I can get the numbers together before Tuesday, I can put pressure on them to get ours made as soon as physically possible.

To confirm, these will replace the need for a Honda fitting kit
Old 11-22-2011, 11:29 AM

Race set then please! This way if it fits ok I will sell my OEM ones LOL! Never have the girly soft top on
Old 11-22-2011, 11:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1. loftust (Standard kit)
2. S2konroids (Standard kit)
Old 11-22-2011, 11:42 AM

1. loftust (Standard kit)
2. S2konroids (Standard kit)
3. Zebidi (Race kit)
Old 11-22-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd be interested in a standard set