UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

supercharger kit

Old 04-15-2016, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default supercharger kit

Hi i'm looking for a supercharger kit for my s2000. I don't have masses to spend so looking for second hand stuff. My budget is about 2.5- 3k. I don't want any cheap crap that will destroy my car and would be aiming for at least 400bhp.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:25 AM

Received 128 Likes on 109 Posts

Look a few posts down....
Old 04-15-2016, 11:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not complete
Old 04-16-2016, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You aren't being realistic mate. There is so much to a 'full bolt on turbo or supercharger kit' that people don't realise. At best you'll get all the parts used for £3-5k on a US Facebook page and shopping around for the missing bits. Then you'll have to install and tune it which is gonna cost £1-2k min.

If I was you I would decide if you want to go supercharger or turbo. IMO the decision goes like this:

Supercharger
Positives - Easy install, VTEC on steroids, Cheap
Negatives - Puts pressure on engine internals, Crap fuel economy, No adjustment for power, most people get bored of it

Turbo
Positives - More power, Boost management, Better on fuel
Negatives - More likely to need tweaking regularly, More Expensive, Harder to install
Old 04-16-2016, 03:28 PM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

I can get you a new HKS supercharger kit for a few hundred more!
Old 04-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by guy13
If I was you I would decide if you want to go supercharger or turbo. IMO the decision goes like this:

Supercharger
Negatives - Puts pressure on engine internals, Crap fuel economy, No adjustment for power, most people get bored of it

Turbo
Negatives - More likely to need tweaking regularly, More Expensive, Harder to install
There are always going to be the pro's & con's for supercharger vs turbo but I am unsure as to where you are getting your negative points for a supercharger?
On normal driving or on a long run my fuel economy is no worse than a standard car - let's be real here, unless you are going to use it as a track car you cannot boost it everywhere all of the time.
Admittedly, when you do get the chance to hoon it hard your fuel economy drops dramatically but you can't expect to go down the road like a missile and still get 25 mpg
Also, there is room for adjustment of power - you simply change the pulley size & get back on the rolling road.
Oh and I'm not bored of it after 3.5 years

Getting back on topic, Si's offer of a new kit for a few hundred more is probably your best option for the budget you have
Old 04-17-2016, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by blue monster
Originally Posted by guy13' timestamp='1460794238' post='23939768

Supercharger

Turbo
There are always going to be the pro's & con's for supercharger vs turbo but I am unsure as to where you are getting your negative points for a supercharger?
On normal driving or on a long run my fuel economy is no worse than a standard car - let's be real here, unless you are going to use it as a track car you cannot boost it everywhere all of the time.
Admittedly, when you do get the chance to hoon it hard your fuel economy drops dramatically but you can't expect to go down the road like a missile and still get 25 mpg
Also, there is room for adjustment of power - you simply change the pulley size & get back on the rolling road.
Oh and I'm not bored of it after 3.5 years

Getting back on topic, Si's offer of a new kit for a few hundred more is probably your best option for the budget you have
It's what all of the guys say who have gone from SC to turbo say. It's simple logic if you are driving a SC car normally you will also need extra energy to move the belt. As a turbo runs off the exhaust gas it just sits there idle using no energy so affectively it is like a stock car. Seriously after 3.5years you don't want more power?!
Old 04-17-2016, 02:09 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 450 bhp which has been totally reliable for 3.5 years and you do not need any more power than that in a road going S. Why fix what isn't broken?

I've seen plenty of videos of turbo'd S2000's who struggle to get the power down - what's the point in having a car with so much power that you can't use it?.

Without wanting to derail this WTB thread there are plenty of lengthy threads on here over this topic.

The best thing I can suggest for the OP is to try and get a passenger ride in both a S/C & turbo car & then decide from there.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:47 PM

The rear will slip depends on the kind of map you have. A race logic traction system will also put that to bed. SC will certainly more drivable and progressive tho.

I agree if you're lucky enough to have a ride in an SC and Turbo s2k that will help. I was lucky enough to have a ride in Frankies 600hp Turbo S. I was sold on turbo without going in an SC.

The ace cafe summer meets are a good place to start. I'll be at the next one if you want a ride in a boosted s.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:50 PM

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/114...unday-8th-may/

Quick Reply: supercharger kit