UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB: Puffo Passion

Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Puffo Passion

Want to buy a PUFFO PASSION. (I won't hold my breath on this one - just thought it might be worth a go)
Old 03-30-2012, 03:13 AM

Do you mind if I ask why?

I was looking at that thread. There were issues with them breaking due to no support and the only independent dyno on there gave a 1whp gain. That and no one seems to be able to produce them!

I did enquire originally when they claimed a 13whp gain but dyno figures can be easily 'tweaked'!

Why not just go for a K&N FIPK, they sound amazing and are tried and tested.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:26 AM

Ebay CAI for the win. Down by the front bumper drill and gut the false vent with some black mesh. I'm currently testing out stock airbox with spoon snorkel.
Need to gut the box and prevent heat soak with foil. Always wanted to say this... the guys I've seen who foil the box to prevent heat... the shiny side needs to go AWAY from the filter NOT towards it! I got one of those ASM strut braces too, might just mount an aluminium plate there so the engine heat doesn't get to the box at all.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sergs2k or whatever he's called was selling one and he's in the UK.

IMO dont believe the inflated dyno figures, I dont think it will yield that much due to the design and 13whp is ridiculous.

After cam keys its the last time i trust US figures.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Harris
Do you mind if I ask why?

I was looking at that thread. There were issues with them breaking due to no support and the only independent dyno on there gave a 1whp gain. That and no one seems to be able to produce them!

I did enquire originally when they claimed a 13whp gain but dyno figures can be easily 'tweaked'!

Why not just go for a K&N FIPK, they sound amazing and are tried and tested.

Hi,

I like the idea of keeping the OEM air filter and not compromising on particle filtration. My car is a 2000 and I want to look
after the engine.

I was looking at one of hose re-enforced silicone? air hoses (sorry I can't remember the proper term) - to replace the
original hose as I have heard it puts too much stress on it and it splits near the throttle body after use.

Also I like the idea of possible more gains without all the extra noise.

I didn't realise though that the gains can be as low as 1hp .....
Old 04-03-2012, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by zebidi
Ebay CAI for the win. Down by the front bumper drill and gut the false vent with some black mesh. I'm currently testing out stock airbox with spoon snorkel.
Need to gut the box and prevent heat soak with foil. Always wanted to say this... the guys I've seen who foil the box to prevent heat... the shiny side needs to go AWAY from the filter NOT towards it! I got one of those ASM strut braces too, might just mount an aluminium plate there so the engine heat doesn't get to the box at all.

I had a look at the ebay CAI - 55 quid delivered and it looked really good value for money - especially when I read up on previous
S2K threads. But I would be bricking it in case I ever got water in there - even just cleaning the car. Also I am not that bothered
about the sound.

The spoon snorkel looks a really good option as I think it complements the OEM set up rather than does ways with it but from what
I've read there doesn't seem to be that much gain.

Thanks for the advice about gutting the air box I will look at some threads on it.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by s2konroids
Sergs2k or whatever he's called was selling one and he's in the UK.

IMO dont believe the inflated dyno figures, I dont think it will yield that much due to the design and 13whp is ridiculous.

After cam keys its the last time i trust US figures.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Pokemon
Originally Posted by zebidi' timestamp='1333106785' post='21558982

I had a look at the ebay CAI - 55 quid delivered and it looked really good value for money - especially when I read up on previous
S2K threads. But I would be bricking it in case I ever got water in there - even just cleaning the car. Also I am not that bothered
about the sound.

The spoon snorkel looks a really good option as I think it complements the OEM set up rather than does ways with it but from what

Thanks for the advice about gutting the air box I will look at some threads on it.
Had my eBay job on for over a year, never had problems with it, rain, snow, everything! Just think of it as common sense that cars don't like 1ft deep puddles and you'll be totally fine. Think of a straw when you've just got a tiny bit of drink left at the bottom of the cup, it'll more be like that. Not while there is lots of drink in there. A few drops of water won't hurt the engine. I'm only trying out the OEM box with snorkel and airbox mod as I think the engine bay looks really bare without it.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by zebidi
Originally Posted by Pokemon' timestamp='1333467561' post='21571157
[quote name='zebidi' timestamp='1333106785' post='21558982']

about the sound.

Had my eBay job on for over a year, never had problems with it, rain, snow, everything! Just think of it as common sense that cars don't like 1ft deep puddles and you'll be totally fine. Think of a straw when you've just got a tiny bit of drink left at the bottom of the cup, it'll more be like that. Not while there is lots of drink in there. A few drops of water won't hurt the engine. I'm only trying out the OEM box with snorkel and airbox mod as I think the engine bay looks really bare without it.
[/quote]

Did you fit the CAI yourself ? I have read the thread on installing the e-bay CAI (had a really good link to the AEM online installation instructions) - but got a bit wobbly when there was reference to carving holes in the wheel
fender or something .... put me off. Also noted that you can get waterproof covers for the air filter (cheap from ebay). I am just a bit concerned about the quality of particle filtration of the sports air filters (long term).
Old 04-13-2012, 04:06 AM
eho

Originally Posted by Pokemon
Hi,

I like the idea of keeping the OEM air filter and not compromising on particle filtration. My car is a 2000 and I want to look
after the engine.

I was looking at one of hose re-enforced silicone? air hoses (sorry I can't remember the proper term) - to replace the
original hose as I have heard it puts too much stress on it and it splits near the throttle body after use.

Also I like the idea of possible more gains without all the extra noise.

I didn't realise though that the gains can be as low as 1hp .....

re-enforced silicone? air hoses - I think you mean something like Samco Inlet Hose. I got one of these on my car and to be honest, it makes no difference whatsoever, it is purely cosmetic.

If you want to keep OEM filter, then go for a snorkel. It has proven to be effective against kangaroo-ing by many members.

Quick Reply: WTB: Puffo Passion