Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

*VIDEO* of track day in Shawano

Old 10-10-2005, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *VIDEO* of track day in Shawano

It was a very fun afternoon at the track It was also nice to see a good representation of the S2000's. There was a total of 4 S2K's there

OPEN VIDEOS WITH WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER*

This first video is of a complete lap....
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddim...DEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

This second video is the "what not to do" video
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddim...DEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

for a great day and some now VERY bald rear tires
Old 10-11-2005, 12:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I could spin that much even if I wanted to. Were you doing this on purpose?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That "What Not To Do" video made me a bit queasy. Now I am glad I did not ask you for a ride around the track. Were all of those spins on the same lap? I had a great time it was a blast and I am looking forward to the next one. I will try and post some video from the stands, you car sounded loud from way up there.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:18 AM

haha yeah 5 of the spin outs are from the last lap......I was pushing it pretty hard and my tires (S-02's) were COMPLETELY bald....there isn't even tread lines left and on both the inside and outside of the tires you can start to see the steel lines So it was a good combination for spin outs.....It was fun a couple of laps none the less
Old 10-12-2005, 05:56 AM

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

How much is your car lowered and how stiff is your suspension?
From the looks of it, your car is too stiff for those elevation changes, I don't remember if you have an adjustable front bar or not either? But if you don't if you are going to keep running on that course you need more front bar.

Your transition from under to oversteer does not exist, that will really help you.

Your car is ovesteering too much, how high were your back tire pressures? I would have had them at 30 just looking at those videos

One thing I can say is you were wayyyyyyy over cranking that wheel many times, and whats with the palming?

You driving an Impala?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

by under to oversteer transition, what are you referring to?? I dont know what that means exaclty. help a newb out.

on a track like this, do you think 25psi would be a decent tire pressure to run with?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dezoris,Oct 12 2005, 08:56 AM
How much is your car lowered and how stiff is your suspension?
From the looks of it, your car is too stiff for those elevation changes, I don't remember if you have an adjustable front bar or not either? But if you don't if you are going to keep running on that course you need more front bar.

Your transition from under to oversteer does not exist, that will really help you.

Your car is ovesteering too much, how high were your back tire pressures? I would have had them at 30 just looking at those videos

One thing I can say is you were wayyyyyyy over cranking that wheel many times, and whats with the palming?

You driving an Impala?
yeah everything you said is right on the money...

However when you say you would have the rear tires at 30psi.....is that 30psi HOT or 30psi COLD?
Old 10-12-2005, 04:19 PM

cold. I assume you have an agressive alignment as well
Old 10-12-2005, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,Oct 12 2005, 11:59 AM
by under to oversteer transition, what are you referring to?? I dont know what that means exaclty. help a newb out.

on a track like this, do you think 25psi would be a decent tire pressure to run with?
By transition I mean.

The S2000 by it's very nature will will understeer, and snap oversteer leaving you very little time to correct if at all, you have to be so far ahead of the car almost counter steering into every turn.

When you modify the suspension, on the car most of the time gets much worse.
Setting your front sway bar to full stiff (if you have an adjustable) or adding a thick bar like the Gendron will slow that transition from under to oversteer.

So instead of your car just squeaking in front and then snap oversteering the car will notabably understeer, push and then oversteer, making it much easier to know when to lift, and correct.

Even with a big bar, and lower pressures in the rear you can't be trying to throttle steer/power oversteer the car every chance you get, and to be faster, you will have to put the leash on and actually keep her in second and be smooth.

It's extremely hard to do in that car.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

useful info again. thanks. for someone who is starting to delve more into the handling aspect of the car, this is good stuff to read.

Quick Reply: *VIDEO* of track day in Shawano