Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Anyone Auto-x'ing in Ft. Wayne this weekend?

Old 04-19-2005, 08:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dotay,Apr 19 2005, 11:47 PM
Werd, was wondering how long it'd take for you to chime in.
Just got home and found this thread.....now I gotta go to bed. Peace out player....it was nice to meet you yesterday.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mitch, you gonna run some autox this year?

Dotay - unless you buy, and properly set-up, some big dollar shocks (Penske, etc @ $850/corner) there is no sense in adding stuff to the car to run in another class - you a) won't be competitive and b) will probably be slower. The biggest problem is that once you've got grip, you get massive inside rear wheel spin on corner exit if you're not smooth with the throttle. More power only makes it worse, and stiffer springs only make the car choppier, not smoother.

Come out and watch a Divisional - especially if the mad Russian (sorry, forget his name) is running his DSP Bimmer - it's got soft springs, huge body roll, but it flies! That car has monster grip.

Ok, sorry for long post. Stock is
Old 04-20-2005, 08:13 AM

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I think I'll probably just end up setting my car up for the street how I like and just fall into what ever category that puts me in. I'm mainly doing auto-x for fun (I really did have a lot of fun at my first event) and to learn how to control my car better. If I end up getting good I could always reconsider and go back to stock. I really do appreciate the advice though. I don't really have any delusions of me being ultra competitive in whatever class I would end up in.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SR71BB,Apr 19 2005, 08:03 AM
you have a PM.

I won't be autox'ing my S much this year, maybe a Detroit regional event or 2 - this is my ride this year (CMod):

I'll be running almost every CenDiv event. Check out the schedule at www.solo2.cendiv-scca.org and come out to run at one of the (5!) events in Peru, IN this year.

5 times to Peru this year

SWEET!!!

I am hoping that an old FF takes the place of my Civic in a few years. I would love to run one of those things.

Gus was there this last weekend. He ran SM2 in his white CRX. Yes, he is very fast! Fort Wayne has a street tire class that you can run in. I believe it is STU2. You can do a few mods to the S and run in that class on street tires and you may be very competitive(with a lot of practice). Look for me at a Ft Wayne event or three this summer. I will be driving this...

Old 04-20-2005, 09:11 AM

Yeah, I talked to Gus quite a bit as we ended up working the same corner. That's kind of what I was thinking too about running in STU2. That way I can still mod how I want to without having to buy Hoosiers. Is there somewhere I can look to find out what I can do to stay in STU2?

Oh, and I'm looking to pick up some CE28N's as well (Mercury Silver though) but they're out of stock right now. The new batch won't be in until June.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Banned

Be careful who you buy them from. I got mine and my girlfriends Works from R & D. Needless to say, I will NEVER order anything from them again. I will post the entire story very soon. Good luck on the wheels. You can not go wrong with the CE28N. Also, I will recommend the Azenis RT-615 tires. They are fabulous.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:30 AM

I'm planning on ordering from Evolution motorsports. They thought they had one set left in stock but it turns out they can only find 3 of the rims. Those are the exact tires I was looking to get actually (225/45/17 front, 255/40/17 rear) I'm actually hoping I can find someone who is selling a used set before then. June just seems like a long time to wait when I know I want something...

Do you know where I can look to find out what mods I can do in STU2?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:41 AM

Received 801 Likes on 712 Posts

http://www.scca.org/_filelibrary/File/2005SoloRules.pdf
Old 04-20-2005, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly,Apr 20 2005, 09:41 AM
You da man.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly,Apr 20 2005, 09:41 AM
Hmmm...I searched that pdf and didn't see any mention of STU2. Is this some sort of regional class? I have been searching and I can't seem to find any info on it...

Quick Reply: Anyone Auto-x'ing in Ft. Wayne this weekend?