Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Caravan from Michigan to Cinci/WTD 05

Old 01-21-2005, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Caravan from Michigan to Cinci/WTD 05

Hello Michigan S2Kers. Who has plans to attend the next Wake The Dragon Event this April 22nd thru the 24th ?

Would like to get 10+ S2000s to caravan down to Cinci and meet up with the Ohio caravan on Friday morning at 9:00am.

If you are planning on going to WTD 05 and want to caravan down and meet up with the Indy/Cinci Caravan Crew with Kim and I. Please post what day would work best for you (Thursday Night the 21st or Friday Morning the 22nd).

My wife and I like to leave on Thursday late afternoon so we can hook up with the Good O Boys from Ohio on Friday Morning. We can get some very good rates on a five star hotel in Cincinnati.

Last September The Good O Boys from Ohio had a 17 car caravan down to the Dragon. I'm sure glad I didn't miss that drive, It was a Blast .

Since we have a little farther drive to Wake The Dragon, Leaving Thursday night and doing a little Parting in Cinci at the Hotel (Homestead Inn) would be nice. Homestead has a small meeting area we could use Thursday night. Then catch Free Breakfast at the Hotel and leave about 8:15am Friday morning to meet up with the Cinci Crew by 8:45am at Hooters. Then off to the Hotel in Alcoa Tennessee and/or Dragon for some Fun around Noonish

OR

We could meet up around 4:00 or 5:00am Friday morning, somewhere around I-94 and I-69. I'll check for a good meeting spot next time I'm in that area. From there,(where ever there is) we could caravan down to Cinci and meet up with the crew from Indy along the way. Then off to the Hotel in Alcoa Tennessee and/or the Dragon for some Fun around Noonish

The $35 for the room in Cinci IMHO is worth 4 extra hours of Sleep Friday morning and 4 hours less driving to the Dragon on Friday. I'm more of a late person anyways if Ya know what I mean. So I figured why not drive Thursday night and have a little Fun in Cinci.

However Friday would work also, if that works out best for everyone else

DETROIT area people, We could meet up with you folks on I-75 and Hwy 30 (exit 135) if you don't want to head to I-69.

Hopefully we can have the Day (Thu or Fri) figured out by mid February. Let the Choosing begin. I'll put the rest of details together by Early March.

Whew, I can see Airgate has his hands full with all this planing and typing. My hat is off to Ya Airgate for putting together a AweSome event on the Dragon, Not once, but Twice a year.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:10 AM

Received 801 Likes on 712 Posts

Fred, we may have closer to 30 cars leaving Cinti this time. The Indy group looks like they may be picking up 5-6 cars and meeting us in the morning. Get your fellow Michiganders off their butts!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:58 AM

We need to get out of Hibernation and figure out what day we should leave and agree on a meeting place. So many things to do and less than 91 days to do it.

Thursday works good for Kim and I. We like the 4 hours of extra sleep on friday morning. With the extra rest we can play on the Dragon 4 extra hours. However Friday would also work for us.

OK Michiganders

1. Do you want to caravan to Cinci, and then on to the Dragon with the Indy/Cinci Crew?

2. Leave Thursday night or Friday early morning ?

3. Meet somewhere around I94 and I69 (is there a Hooters around that area?)
Old 01-21-2005, 10:26 AM

I'd really recommend getting close to Cinti thursday night if you want to caravan down with us. I came from Fort Wayne in the morning once and it was brutal - I left at like 4am, was dead tired before I even got to Knoxville.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:53 AM

We can also make Great time driving after 7pm on thursday night. Last year it only took Kim and I less than 2.5 hours to get to Cinci. Could have been a little quicker if that State with the Double Os liked Michigan plates a little more.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:03 PM

I'd also recommend going a sane (2 digit) pace.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:56 PM

Is that a normal 2 digit pace or a popeye (65 meters per second)) 2 digit pace
Old 01-23-2005, 09:54 AM

Hey Derf how many rooms do you think you can get at the $35 rate. And how much notice do you need.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah i might look at heading down there late thursday night to make it easier to meet up with everyone at hooters friday morning.

so what hotel and what rate do you think we can get? $35 is definitely worth it.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok i'm up for meeting up with you guys and staying at the hotel derf mentioned.

so 2 things i need to know. lol.

1. where is the hotel and do we have a rate confirmed yet?

2. once we are all up and ready friday morning, where are we meeting up with the cinti crowd? i have read something about hooters, but i'm confused because people say we are meeting in cinti at 9:00am, but then westsidebilly said it's actually a kentucky hooters we are meeting at?

Quick Reply: Caravan from Michigan to Cinci/WTD 05