Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Chicago 1/2 Mile videos

Old 06-06-2013, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago 1/2 Mile videos

The event was held by wannagofast, taking place at Bult Field in Monee IL. Great facilities with a well run event, Blake did a great job. We did get rained out Saturday but still had a great time. I was unable to make a full pass unfortunately, I was having boost cut issues in 6th gear. The closest I got to a full pass I trapped 159.98mph. If I could have stayed in it to the finish, I think the car would have gone close to 170mph.

I'd like to thank Puddymod and Mikey at Profunction, they insured i made the evnt. I blew my diff not a full 3 weeks out from the event, also the day before my tune date with Mikey. Ben built my diff on a Sunday so I can get it ASAP to make the event. I quickly got my car back together for Mikey to squeeze me in just 3 days before the event for a tune. Also I'd like to thank Daryl (s2000442) and Matt (JDMBLINDIAN) for allowing me to use their laptops so I could get my boost creep issues under control. Enough with the boring stuff onto the videos.

My first race was against supercharged Mustang. I went top down which was not the greatest idea. Also found out brake boosting wasn't going to work for me, I went sideways destroying the tires. I only trapped 140mph to his 142mph coasting across the finish because of my boost cut issues.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbxxm0t7Ybc[/media]

Here me racing an Evo, not sure what his modifications were.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6d9vBa2IKQ[/media]
Old 06-06-2013, 11:21 AM

Here is a race against Matt (JDMBLINDIAN) He too traps higher then me. He went 147mph to my 145mph.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJS_037W8E[/media]

This is the closest I got to making a full pass. I ran 159.98mph, I just want to call that 160 lol. Think the car would have been close to 170mph if I was able to stay in it. This is against a C5ZO6.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyng1gZ6J00[/media]
Old 06-06-2013, 02:04 PM

Must suck not being able to get a full pass. Looks like you were killing it as is.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Martin and Matt's race a different view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy0N3...ature=youtu.be

Martin and boosted stang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8RRj...ature=youtu.be

TT lambo 203mph run vs. 600hp viper

http://youtu.be/84n-0-m0kfU
Old 06-06-2013, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kills bro. How'd you break your diff? And what did you replace it with?
Old 06-06-2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by JayC07
A short 3rd or 4th gear pull. It was on its last legs. He replaced with puddy mod stage 2
Old 06-06-2013, 06:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm from TCG, and before I say anything else, those guys are CRAZY American car bias. However, they are always respectful of anything fast. They were so impressed by the two s2000's that were there. They're still talking about it lol. Great runs for both of you. BTW, I'm 10sec on TCG. Some of them are even posting about perhaps picking up an s2000 and try their hands at road racing them haha. I had my car at the event, and I could have taken a free spot that TCG had, but my 240hp would have look like molasses running down the strip there.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:17 PM

That looked pretty fun
Old 06-06-2013, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bseriously
I'm from TCG, and before I say anything else, those guys are CRAZY American car bias. However, they are always respectful of anything fast. They were so impressed by the two s2000's that were there. They're still talking about it lol. Great runs for both of you. BTW, I'm 10sec on TCG. Some of them are even posting about perhaps picking up an s2000 and try their hands at road racing them haha. I had my car at the event, and I could have taken a free spot that TCG had, but my 240hp would have look like molasses running down the strip there.
Ah 10sec welcome back from the dark side lol. Your right about TCG, but there are a lot of good guys on that forum. It was Willimz that introduced me to the forum at first. I honestly did not spend much time on there because they tend not to care about imports. I think they have a new appreciation what our little four banger can do. Your right, a stock S2K would have not stood a chance at anything there. Well, maybe the girl in the 6cylinder mustang lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by jeggy
Must suck not being able to get a full pass. Looks like you were killing it as is.
Yeah I was getting pretty frustrated. Kept turning the boost down but it wasn't helping.

Originally Posted by JayC07
Honestly I thought I was the exception. I've driven this car hard for the last 10 years of ownership. It's been launched at NA power, 300whp, 460whp, and even launched it at 600+whp. Everytime the car is driven it gets a redlined. It finally let go as the turbo spooled in 3rd gear. It exploded, cracked the case, even dented my exhaust.

Originally Posted by Bseriously
The guys on TCG have actually been pretty cool with me. I'm DreamofBoost on there by the way.

Quick Reply: Chicago 1/2 Mile videos