Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

F1 sucks. Wait let me refraze that MICHELIN SUCKS.

Old 06-19-2005, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1 sucks. Wait let me refraze that MICHELIN SUCKS.

That is all. Need to vent.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:33 PM

the FIA sucks, too.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:17 PM

Considering the general attitude F1 has shown Indianapolis in the past, I'm not surprised something like this happened. The simple truth is, they don't care about this race. It's a Bridgestone/Ferrari test track and not much more.

The news should be really interesting tomorrow. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Tony George cancelled the race for next year.

We just need a Petite LeMans endurance race on that road course.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The FIA should have just added the chicane. it's not the fault of the race teams if the manufacturer provides a bad batch of tires. FIA needs to get their heads out of their asses and do what would have been for the greater good of the sport. what a bunch of focktards.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

speaking of F1 sucks, did you see what the ecclestone guy or whoever, that owns/runs Formula 1 said about danic patrick? he said she along with other women, belong dressed up in white like household appliances, and not on the race track. that guy is a sexist a-hole.

after this fiasco with FIA and that ecclestone jerk, I hope the other 9 teams break off and form another race league in 2008. ferarri is the only team that has signed to stay on with ecclestone and F1 beyond 2007.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:09 PM

I was at the track Saturday and had a good time. I am glad I didn't buy tickets fro the race.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What a joke! I went on Friday to watch practice. Glad I didn't go today. That was really bad for the FIA to let the Michelin boycott. They should have just put the chicane in! I swear the way the US GP is ran they are just going to stop coming to the US all together.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:05 AM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

How can people put 100% of the blame on Michelin? This was inevitible with FIA's garbage tire rules. I posted when they announced the tire rules that 2005 would see either a dead driver or a lost event as a direct result of the shit tires. How stupid can you be to make a tire company decide on two compounds of tires before the teams even get on the track? Ugh.

Bernie, Charlie Whiting, and everyone else at FIA are complete dolts. I swear these fucking asshats do not understand the slightest thing about how cars work. They're nothing more than beancounters.

I've watched two F1 races this year (after watching all but 1 last year) and won't be watching a 3rd. You guys can laugh all you want, but I'll stick with NASCAR. At least with NASCAR I get to see some racing.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:25 AM

yeah I was at the race and i speak for most of the fans when I say the general feeling was that of being STUNNED when all the cars went into the pits.

Even after the start I think we all thought that it wasnt happening and it would be restarted or something.

On a good note...I got more of a tan...which was nice
Old 06-20-2005, 08:33 AM

Michelin screwed up. They declared their tires unsafe for racing at Indy, and the teams only real choice was to not race, for the safety of the drivers. Too bad they discovered the tire issue so late in the weekend.

You cant blame FIA or F1 for this one. Seriously, it would be of been dangerous for EVERYONE if they changed the track layout. No one tested with the new track layout. FIA could of let michelin use a different set of tires though. The strict rules on how many sets of tires you can bring is kind of lame. Doing a whole race on one set of tires is dumb too, i think, and that is what caused this whole thing. But again, michelin new the rules, and didnt come prepared.

Bernie is an old fashioned idiot. What a dumb thing to say, especially in the USA. I didnt hear that whole converstation, so its possible he was being sarcastic.

Quick Reply: F1 sucks. Wait let me refraze that MICHELIN SUCKS.