Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Get together, meet, hang, race?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:46 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds good, I vote July 17th since I'll be in Eau Claire on the 10th and the 3rd is part of the 4th of July weekend.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Karl, I had on my schedule that there was a TNT on the 17th. Has this changed? It's no longer listed as so on Myautoevents. If this is the case, we should do the 17th.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The July 17th T&T was moved to August 6th.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me know how this goes! If timing would work out, I'd love to come up there and hang out with you all on a weekend or something.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:42 AM

Received 430 Likes on 302 Posts

I might be able to show up sometime. I have a scuba trip in early August, but other times might work out. I am down in Cottage Grove so if you ever do a trip down to the alphabet roads in Sconnie I would be up for that too. Tangerine I can let you check out the SOT kit if I am able to show.

I see a couple of you are undertaking the retainer upgrade. Been thinking about that myself but have been afraid to try because I have never done that sort of thing before and don't know how to do a valve adjustment. Might be good to pick the brains of people who have attempted it.

John
Old 06-02-2011, 07:17 AM

Awesome. If I recall, someone here has the tool for the retainers, Greg maybe??? Erik suggested an ap1 retainer swap as part of the event but it does take a while. Even with the experience hands who will be there. I would suggest those who want to do that can schedule the lifts early and get started in the morning before the event. I think at least 3 people have expressed interest in it. Greg can give details.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 AM

This meet is Confirmed, Sunday, July 17th at FirstGear Garage in Eden Prairie between 1 and 4:00.

We'll have some BBQ (for a fee to cover costs), Hang out, Work on cars, sell parts, chill and just have a good time. FirstGear has offered a lift discount for the event and anyone interested in doing bigger projects such as the AP1 retainer upgrade can shedule an early lift time through FGG.

Anyone wanting to do Fluids: Oil, trans and diff, can expect about an hour or less of lift time. Just bring your own fluids. Or we can look at doing a group order.

FirstGear will be conducting regular business during the meet. They are extending us the use of their large lounge area, lifts as scheduled and parking lot for the meet. More info to come.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tangerine151
Awesome. If I recall, someone here has the tool for the retainers, Greg maybe??? Erik suggested an ap1 retainer swap as part of the event but it does take a while. Even with the experience hands who will be there. I would suggest those who want to do that can schedule the lifts early and get started in the morning before the event. I think at least 3 people have expressed interest in it. Greg can give details.
Anyone is welcome to use the tool (once I own it, lol). It is something I'd like to have on hand, so I plan on buying it off of Greg at the next autocross this month. I will certainly have it along for the gathering.

Greg probably has the best knowledge of the retainer swap out of the group since he has done it.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Unfortunately Brainerd ChumpCar and Milwaukee Central Divisionals are that weekend. Sounds like a great event, though!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perfect time to do my brake fluid. I'd do my other fluids but everything is up to date

Can someone pm me if something changes? I rarely get to this section of the forum. I spend too much time in the FI section

Quick Reply: Get together, meet, hang, race?