Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

IL -- Starved Rock Group Drive

Old 09-01-2007, 04:48 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default IL -- Starved Rock Group Drive

Let me start out with the following notes:

There is a risk, as there is anytime anyone is on the road, that an accident may occur. There is a concern that if people have an accident they might try to hold liable S2ki or the event organizer. There are also concerns of people driving more aggressively than they usually do because of the group dynamic.

That said, I would like to note that the planned event will be held on public roads and all participants are required to carry their own insurance. Participation is at your own discretion, and at your own risk.

I will have liability waivers, and will require everyone to sign one.

I would like everyone to review these guidelines:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=286130

It is a set of guidelines for use during a group drive event.

Please bring radios. FRS radios will help quite a bit in helping to keep everyone on track. If you have extras, BRING THEM TOO so we can share with the people that might not have one.

Finally, please take a look at a map to have an idea of the area, and an idea of the route. This will also help considerably. You never know if or when you might get separated from the group and need to make your way to the end.

We will be driving to Starved Rock

http://www.starvedrockstatepark.org/index.cfm

Bring a cooler with picnic items for yourself. There is a hot dog stand there, too if you do not want to picnic.

There is a hiking area there that we walked last year, it's a short, easy hike but it's very nice.

Along the way, there will be three scheduled stops. Each will be an opportunity for people to join up with the group.

The first stop will be at Dave and Buster's in Addison.
Map to Dave and Buster's

From there we will get on I355 South and proceed to I55 South.

We will meet up in Bolingbrook at the parking lot for Century Tile:
http://www.google.com/maps?num=100&hl=en&l...=local&ct=image

This is just north of I55 off of Rt. 53. This is on the East side of the street.

From there we will proceed to I55 W and take that to Route 6 (Channohan) exit. We will head EAST from there to a gas station. We will fill up there, to make sure no one runs out of gas on the way there, or the way back. Once we leave the gas station, we will head back West and follow the signs to the Starved Rock state park. The drive along Rt. 6 is very twisty, it's truly a great road for a sports car.

Last year, I had a little trouble finding the correct route out to Starved Rock. This year, I have made a pre-run to refamiliarize myself with the route and to ensure there are no surprises (like road construction.) This year will be MUCH better, I promise.

Here is the schedule:

Saturday, September 22nd:
9:00AM meet at Dave and Buster's in Addison.
9:30AM SHARP we will leave Dave and Buster's and head for Century Tile
10:00AM Arrive at Century Tile
10:30AM SHARP we will depart from Century Tile
11:00AM We will arrive at a gas station off of Rt. 6.

Expect to reach Starved Rock between 12:30 and 1:00PM.

Stay as long as you like, and depart whenever you like.

Please, copy the list into your your reply and add your name to the end. This way, the last post will always have a current list of people attending the meet. Be sure to include where you will be meeting up with the group to make sure we don't leave without you. (Dave and Buster's, Century Tile, Channohan Gas Station.) If you do not have my cell phone number, PM me and I will send it to you. If you are running late to a meet point, call me and we can make an arrangement.

The List:

ruexp67 -- Dave and Buster's
Old 09-01-2007, 06:54 AM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in

The List:

ruexp67 -- Dave and Buster's
patinum -- Dave and Buster's
Old 09-01-2007, 02:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm definitely interested, and my parents, brother, and his fianc
Old 09-02-2007, 09:28 PM

Guys, I am sorry, but I will not be able to lead this anymore.

Something has come up, and I'm out. If someone else is willing to lead, I'll continue to organize this, otherwise I'll cancel it.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:46 AM

I still cannot lead this on the 22nd. I also found out from another forum that Starved Rock was flooded with the heavy rain last month (early this month.) There is silt covering the parking lots which is BAD for the paint. Also one of the main routes into Starved Rock was also flooded out, and is still covered in silt.

As a result, I am going to cancel the Starved Rock run for this year.

Hopefully they will have it all cleaned up by next year and we can try this again in the spring.