Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Indianapolis area dealers?

Old 12-23-2001, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indianapolis area dealers?

I want one! Went to a local Indy Honda dealer yesterday and had a less than favorable experience. I'd really like to see Suzuku blue in real life before I decide what color to get. The dealer sales droid told me that they didn't have any blue ones, but might be getting one in February.

Showed my a Civic sedan in "Eternal Blue Pearl" color and tried to tell me it was identical to Suzuku blue. I asked him why the color name was different, and he told me that Honda may give the same color different names on different cars. Uh-huh. (After checking Honda's website, the Civic blue is much darker than the S2K blue.) Salesman then told me he would call me when a blue S2K came in *IF* I put down a deposit. Right. (This dealer was the one on 96th St. just east of Keystone.) I slid out of that place on the sleaze.

So, Indy area S2K owners, where did you buy yours? (And are you satisfied with the service you have received since?) Thanks!

Sheri
Old 12-23-2001, 08:05 PM

Received 5,236 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Sounds like you got a salesman full of BS who was just looking to sell you anything. But you got his number. Good luck on the search.
Old 12-25-2001, 03:59 AM

I think you should come out to Westmoreland county Pa. to buy your S2000. There is much less "sleaze" and fewer "droids".
Old 01-02-2002, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sheri
[B]I want one!
Old 01-03-2002, 03:28 AM

Bob,

Thanks for your post. I also sat in that beautiful blue one at the Auto Show! (Did you notice that it was labeled as "Not for Sale"?)

Re: Dan Young, several of my coworkers bought their Hondas there and had nothing but good things to say about the dealer, so my experience was a disappointment. I guerss they didn't think I was really going to buy one, but I HATE being lied to and asked to put up money just to get a phone call.

I ended up buying at Indy Honda (Bob Rohrman) on the southside. They were willing to work with me and sold it under MSRP. We'll see how the service is.

Sheri
Old 01-03-2002, 09:07 AM

I also bought at Bob Rohrman because my experience with the sales staff at Dan Young was less than satisfying. Sales aside, Dan Young (now Penske Honda) on 96th is the place to go for service i'm told. They have my '00 for the 7500mi service, and are also checking out the "buzzing" during deceleration, and oil consumption (2+quarts in 6,900mi). Will let you know how they treat me and what they say.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:44 AM

I had just finished the last comment when i got a call from Penske Honda (formerly Dan Yound) and the tech told me the rocket would be ready by 4. I was waiting for him to tell me, "yep, the oil change is done and we checked out that buzzing thing and couldn't hear anything." Instead he said " yep, the oil change is done and the transmission takes a few hours to take off and we replaced the clutch disk , the second they have redesigned for the problem, and should have it ready for you at 4." He went on to say Honda was pretty happy with the new clutch disk, saying it has eliminated the problem in the vehicles they have used them in. Overall, i was happy that, not only did they replace the clutch disk, but seemed to know about the problem, evolution of the fix, and were very nice to work with.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Digger
[B]I also bought at Bob Rohrman because my experience with the sales staff at Dan Young was less than satisfying.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:19 AM

They did offer to do the first free, although driving all the way down there from Broad Ripple didn't appeal to me. ($20 value)
Old 01-03-2002, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan Young gave my wife and I both "free" oil changes as long as the car is under warranty. They do not cover the labor, just parts.

Digger, I'm in the same position that you are in, but in reverse. I can't see myself driving an hour each way to get a "free" oil change from Dan Young. Besides, I like to do it myself, anyway. Did the service department give you a hard time about your clutch replacement? How bad was it buzzing? Mine has been buzzing since I drove it off of the lot.

Sheri, read your warranty, the mufflers are warrantied for life. It's in writing. I would NOT reccomend buying anything from Bob Rohrman (parts). They charged me $51 for a set of wheel locks that I can buy from H & A for $29. I'm going to also steer clear of their service department as well, too many stories from friends, even though they are just up the street from me.

When I talked to the sale folks at Bob Rohrman, they wanted $5000 over the sticker price and would not budge. Dan Young wanted $3000 over and I talked them into a good deal, $1000 over plus several freebies. However, no sales person knows anything about the S2000 that I have talked to personally. I thought that it was funny when the gal didn't know how to start the car! I expected this, though.

Bob

Quick Reply: Indianapolis area dealers?